Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this is a new one for me what do you think.
THe other night was minding my own business when I started to get messages from this one guy from one of the dating sites. So we ended up chatting for quite a while. during this time I was doing other things while talking thinking that it will stop after a few questions but he kept on responding. So I decided to check his profile. I was shocked to see that he was into women not men so I called him on it just to make sure he realized that I was into men. He said that he was not having any luck with the women department and that he has fooled around with men. he seems to be nice and was willing to talk and was able to start the conversation so it was pleasant for me. I guess what I asking is should I presume this or should I leave it allone?

"Dating" is a tricky word now days. Dating now means sex. Not the old fashion dinner and a movie and attempting to see if things are heading for a relationship.

YOU need to make it clear in your mind now what it is you want. If you want sex - casual sex, then make it clear from the start you are up for that. If you want something serious - dating as in courting, then make it clear in your adverts that that is what you are looking for.

I personally do not do "straight" men. I have seen what kind of insanity that can bring on. A "Straight" guy will get all guilty and blame you and make you out to be the butt-hole bandit - this can go 'easily' with him crying after sex and avoiding you or 'badly' with him stalking you with intent to remove you from the world.

If you are willing and able to take on the risk of high drama for sex then go for it. If you are not interested in being blamed for 'raping' him or some other nonsense that could potentially unfold, then make a strict 'no straight men' policy and stick with it.

Understand he is 'straight' - thus most likely cannot (is unable) to reciprocate a loving, committed relationship with another man (you). If you are hoping to get into a relationship, this man is NOT the one. He is straight - self admitted - at least so his profile says.

Thanks I already have a precised think which you nailed thanks Bow. Just thought it was weird in the first place.

dlboy53 Wrote:... I called him on it just to make sure he realized that I was into men. He said that he was not having any luck with the women department and that he has fooled around with men. he seems to be nice and was willing to talk and was able to start the conversation so it was pleasant for me ...
sexuality is fluid and to answer your question i think he is telling the truth. I see my self as the straight guy, been there done this.

What Bowyn Aerrow says is also likely true.

Try not to be interested in this person as a lover. Tell him up front how you feel. You cold still improve each others life. Be careful, think things through before acting. He could be a future investment but he represents nothing but a confused friend today. Walk around with him at pride In the afternoon.

pellaz Wrote:You could still improve each others life.

so true, pellaz

Been in the same boat myself. I generally tell them up front, chat is great, happy to chat, but I don't fool with 'straight' guys. I'm a gay man and I prefer my men to be gay as well. The ones that are genuine for a chat understand...but mostly these types of men see gay guys as sluts with a willing mouth or arse.