Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
three years
Hey everyone
In a few days it will mark the 3rd year of being with my partner / fiancé... I'm looking for ideas of what we should do that day? mind you he just got his work schedule so he's working most of the day (I am as well buy I work from home). Does anyone have suggestions

Make him lunch to take to work with a surprise note inside.

That would depend on what he values and likes (preferably something both enjoy), though if he's likely to be tired then that would suggest something quieter. Another source of inspiration is either in where/how you first met, or first started dating, or something in the last 3 years special (like a milestone) to you both.

I love the third:
3rd Wedding Anniversary

Traditional Gifts: Leather
Source: http://marriage.about.com/cs/anniversari...videas.htm

Oh wait, you all have gay marriage up there in the Nazi on Dinosaur Blasted Lands of Canada (Oh Canada, why did you bring down God's Wrath?) So I guess this won't count as marriage anniversary until you do that marriage thing.

A quiet meal on the day together with plans made for real 'celebration' on the first weekend should be in order. Since he has that job thing he most likely will be too tired/stressed with that to actually get into real celebratory things on the exact day.

Of course if you are the romantic sort you most likely are doing nice things everyday, little 'reminders' of your love - packing lunch, adding notes here and there as little surprises - if not then maybe you need to make a 'resolution' to spend a little more time with the 'surprises' department.

Remember it is 'our' anniversary, not just his, not just yours - so I strongly suggest you both do activities which your both enjoy.

I think the traditional 'celebration' for couples is something like a special meal, an exchange of gifts, going out dancing/movie viewing - something along those lines and then sex. If you are both into traditional stuff this may be up your alley.

IF you two are into surfing (an example, I doubt the coasts of Canada are warm enough for that) then you two could make a day of surfing. Horse back riding? Then rent a couple of horses and take a picnic lunch or something.