Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to-do list
do you have things you absolutely want to do in life but haven't gotten to yet?

i came up with this as the 2015 Dakar Rally is getting closer. i've always wanted to participate in the Dakar Rally. that is one thing on my to-do list in life, hopefully not in too distant future.

what about you guys? or maybe you've already completed some things that were once on that list?

i wanted to prove to the religious nuts who have persecuted me that a gay man can get the holy spirit and still be gay.

I have a very long to-do list for 2015. But I guess the one I want to do most of all is write SOMETHING. I have all these great ideas about plots, themes, characters in my head, but then I write them down in paper and they look like a sixth grader's essay. I better git gud this year.

bluerealm Wrote:i wanted to prove to the religious nuts who have persecuted me that a gay man can get the holy spirit and still be gay.

Do you know about the Gay Christian Network? My friend Justin is the founder and it is particularly for folks from an evangelical background. I'm involved in similar work but in a mainline denomination.

Haruka Wrote:I have a very long to-do list for 2015. But I guess the one I want to do most of all is write SOMETHING. I have all these great ideas about plots, themes, characters in my head, but then I write them down in paper and they look like a sixth grader's essay. I better git gud this year.

I need to find time to work on the novel I started in, er, 2010 :redface:

Plus get my fat ass back in fighting shape, adding swimming to the routine so I am more confident in the water for paddleboarding next year.

AND I have a web site I need to rebuild... which counters the last one if you're not careful.

getting my bachelor in september 2015 and preparing myself for my master degree overseas
and well, currently working on my final project for my bachelor

Haruka Wrote:I have a very long to-do list for 2015. But I guess the one I want to do most of all is write SOMETHING. I have all these great ideas about plots, themes, characters in my head, but then I write them down in paper and they look like a sixth grader's essay. I better git gud this year.

I also need to polish my writing skills so I can catch up even just A LITTLE to my idol Big Grin
I promised people on other forum, the series I've made but I haven't made any progress at all Shakin

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Do you know about the My friend Justin is the founder and it is particularly for folks from an evangelical background. I'm involved in similar work but in a mainline denomination.

Its a good place but i had a problem and had to leave.

I felt like i was being controlled in what i would say or could say.

not by justin I don't think but one of the moderators.

I was talking about a drag queen who went around grabbing peoples crotches in a club. I had a str8 friend with me and he was humiliated on stage.

they took the post down and told me i was making the gay community look bad.

so your shutting me up cause i don't like other gays.

the place saves lives but i don't like the fact that other religions and aspects are shut down.

jesus would talk about sin and other religions study sin.

jesus went to india to study religion.

some even called me a infidel. i am the father of lies who works for satan.

so i'm the father of lies cause i question what sin is?

then they say the bible is the word of God ?

really, then why am i a gay man with the holy spirit.

i thought gays burn in hell?

they do have free thinking but only with in the christian aspect.

so what is a christian aspect and who are you to say what it is?

are you jesus?

Good luck to you all for your various endeavours.

bluerealm Wrote:i wanted to prove to the religious nuts who have persecuted me that a gay man can get the holy spirit and still be gay.

I don't think those who we would label as "religious nuts" will be welcoming you as a gay man any time soon. Something about the "nut" part Wink

But I also wish everyone good luck !

I don't, really. I guess I have a mental list of things I'd like to try if the planets align, and I have the finances and ability to make them happen. Like, I'd like to visit the north of Japan and visit a hot springs spa. But if that never comes to pass, I'm totally fine with it. I also have some rather complex, difficult-to-pull-off sexual escapades I'd like to experience, but if they don't ever happen, I can't say as I'll spend any time regretting it.

I don't want it to make it sound like I never try anything new. It's just that most of my happiness comes from smaller, easier-to-obtain things. Most of them don't make for impressive Facebook posts. Nobody is going to make a movie about my quest to try my hand at photography, or learn to cook some rather basic stuff, or see if I can do stand-up comedy. But I've enjoyed them all, and they've all been quiet successes to varying degrees.

Lex