Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to-do list
Lexington Wrote:I guess I never actually listed anything on my current "to-do" list. I decided I wanted to try something different, so I did some looking around, and found a venue that hosts "Vinyl Mondays" for newbie DJs. I'm now booked to DJ there in February. I have an idea on what music to play - hopefully I can make it work.

Lex

You're a newbie DJ? I thought you had quite a bit of experience being a DJ.

I do. The new part will be the new venue, new crowd, and (most importantly) the new genre. Smile

Lex

to go back to Disney world Florida.....just thought it was a magical place, I could go outlandish for something I can never achieve ie ..be the next real drummer for Slipknot if they are reading this lol but the Florida thing is always an ambition

matty7 Wrote:to go back to Disney world Florida.....just thought it was a magical place, I could go outlandish for something I can never achieve ie ..be the next real drummer for Slipknot if they are reading this lol but the Florida thing is always an ambition

I really like Disney World - been there many times. I haven't ruled out getting a job there after I retire.

Lex

Lexington Wrote:I really like Disney World - been there many times. I haven't ruled out getting a job there after I retire.

Lex

that would be the ultimate retirement/supplement income place to work - it was just the polar opposite to where I live when we went a few years ago with sisters family, it was so clean/warm /friendly and I felt like a 10 year old with eyes wide open...I know its just fake for tourists but I could live fake till the day I die if I were there Smile

I have 'retired' my to-do-list............ Nothing seems to excite me anymore............. Evidently, I have reached that terribly boring part of my life where there's nothing else I want to see or do.

The only list I create nowadays are - grocery list & honey-do lists......

Sincerely,
Boring Jim
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:I have 'retired' my to-do-list............ Nothing seems to excite me anymore............. Evidently, I have reached that terribly boring part of my life where there's nothing else I want to see or do.

The only list I create nowadays are - grocery list & honey-do lists......

Sincerely,
Boring Jim

who says you reached the boring part of your life lol - if your happy sitting back and taking a more leisurely scenic route now then why is that not on a bucket list itself - im sure many millions in the rat race are crying out for the day when they can wake up a decide on what they want to do today, in fact im putting that one on my bucket list

matty7 Wrote:that would be the ultimate retirement/supplement income place to work - it was just the polar opposite to where I live when we went a few years ago with sisters family, it was so clean/warm /friendly and I felt like a 10 year old with eyes wide open...I know its just fake for tourists but I could live fake till the day I die if I were there Smile

Yep I could live at Disneyland Smile , and I always wanted to work for Disney when I was younger.

Find a guy to settle down with

I have always been a very goal orientated person, and I have accomplished (for the most part) all the goals I had set myself when I was in my 20s and 30s! Except for going back to college, which I am very close to completing (2 semesters), but haven't done so yet, as I developed my "mystery" illness. Now that the doctors have finally found the correct diagnosis, I am looking forward to getting back to being my previously energetic self and finishing those last 28 credit hours!
Right before my 40th birthday, I took the time to re-evaluate my life and what I hoped to accomplish during the second half of my time here on planet Earth. Since I am married and love my husband very much, some of his goals for his life have naturally become mine as well. He would desperately like to become a parent and, since he has never had that opportunity, I support him fully in that ambition. Further, I believe that it would give me the opportunity to be a much better parent this time around, since my son was a life changing (and surprising) event when I was a very young man just out of highschool. Our first surrogate mother miscarried at 5 months and 3 weeks which absolutely DEVASTATED us, both financially and (especially) emotionally. We have decided to give it one more try; we are both approaching an age where having a child would be a disservice to the child (after 45 years old, we feel that there is too great a chance that we would leave him/her an orphan before he reaches adult hood.
So...due to the time constraint, NUMBER ONE on the list is having a baby.

The full list is as follows:
#1 ) Baby
#2 ) Finish my last 2 semesters on my degree (Biology with a minor in Education; in actuality I intend to go back to school DURING our surrogate's pregnancy)
#3 ) Learn to Sail and buy a Sail Boat (my parents had a sail boat when I was a child and we spent most of our vacations sailing and scuba diving; one of the main reasons we purchased a home on an island was because of the incredible sailing community here, and a mid-sized said boat of 30-40 ft makes a wonderful vacation "home")
~Beaux