Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trivia questions
meridannight Wrote:i am not a tactful person. i think with all my history on this forum that is something blatantly obvious to everyone. if i haven't changed by now, no words will hardly ever change me. i am who i am. you'll have to take it or leave it because there is no other way for me to exist.

I will keep that in mind for all our future interactions, good sir. Xyxthumbs
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Jeez, and now for questions.

1.- Countries for which the coca plant is native
2.- How many times have Germany (or an equivalent state) and France (or an equivalent state) exchanged Alsace and Lorraine?
3.- Current tallest buolding in the world
4.- Deepest point in any ocean.
5.- in which vessel structure of the circulatory system is the blood pressure highest?
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:1.- Simian - /
2.- Rasputin - x, Torquemada
3.- Natrium, Aurum, Argentum, Cuprum, Kalium, Calcium - x, Magnesium - x, Ferrum, Plumb(e-x)um, (hydroargentum-x) hydrargyrum, Stibium, Stannum and I'm probably gonna miss quite a few....this is what y0u meant right? - x
4.- The enamel, made of modified hydroxylapatite. - /
5.- My eyes...lol....moths are "dusty" as for anatomy, they are "fatter" and I have yet to see a moth with flashy colors. Also, moths are nocturnal as I understand it. - x, the only differing criterion between moths and butterflies is that moths don't fold their wings when they rest/feed as butterflies do.

----------------------------------

Jeez, and now for questions.

1.- Countries for which the coca plant is native - 3
2.- How many times have Germany (or an equivalent state) and France (or an equivalent state) exchanged Alsace and Lorraine? - 2
3.- Current tallest buolding in the world - Burj Dubai
4.- Deepest point in any ocean. - a trench
5.- in which vessel structure of the circulatory system is the blood pressure highest? - aorta

~

1. Name at least 10 parts of the eye.
2. Name at least 5 parts of the ear.
3. Name at least 5 parts of the skin.
4. Name at least 2 parts of the nose
5. Name at least 2 parts of the tongue.

1. ciliary muscle, aqueous humor, cone cells, the optic nerve, rod cells, cornea, lens, blood vessels, retina, sclera.
2. tensor tympani, eardrum, ossicles, hair cells, scala media.
3. Meissner corpuscles, Merkel receptors, Pacinian corpuscles, Ruffini endings, the hair.
4. olfactory neurons, olfactory receptors.
5. taste receptors T1R1, and T1R2, for example.

1. what did Ferruccio Lamborghini want to start producing before he ever started making cars?
2. what did Ferruccio Lamborghini produce before he started producing automobiles?
3. at approximately what age does the development of the human brain reach completion?
4. name three Italian musical artists (from Italy, not just of Italian extraction).
5. if someone gets stabbed by some object should it be pulled out of the body before medical attention? just a generic question, the most average circumstances should be assumed. (not particularly a trivia question, but it's an important knowledge that can save someone's life if you know this).
''Do I look civilized to you?''

1. ciliary muscle, aqueous humor, cone cells, the optic nerve, rod cells, cornea, lens, blood vessels, retina, sclera. - /
2. tensor tympani, eardrum, ossicles, hair cells, scala media. - /
3. Meissner corpuscles, Merkel receptors, Pacinian corpuscles, Ruffini endings, the hair. - /
4. olfactory neurons, olfactory receptors. - /
5. taste receptors T1R1, and T1R2, for example. - /

1. what did Ferruccio Lamborghini want to start producing before he ever started making cars? - no idea
2. what did Ferruccio Lamborghini produce before he started producing automobiles? - chocolate
3. at approximately what age does the development of the human brain reach completion? - 5
4. name three Italian musical artists (from Italy, not just of Italian extraction). - Puccini, Boccelli, Madonna
5. if someone gets stabbed by some object should it be pulled out of the body before medical attention? just a generic question, the most average circumstances should be assumed. (not particularly a trivia question, but it's an important knowledge that can save someone's life if you know this). - no

~

1. Name the two scientists who simultaneously discovered the gaseous element oxygen:
2. The only purely radioactive element that is not a lanthanide or an actinide:
3 What is the most economically stable element according to value?
4. Name at least 3 metallic elements that are not silvery-white in color:
5. What is the rarest nuclear stable, chemically-occuring element?

thawoods Wrote:1. what did Ferruccio Lamborghini want to start producing before he ever started making cars? - no idea
2. what did Ferruccio Lamborghini produce before he started producing automobiles? - chocolate
3. at approximately what age does the development of the human brain reach completion? - 5
4. name three Italian musical artists (from Italy, not just of Italian extraction). - Puccini, Boccelli, Madonna
5. if someone gets stabbed by some object should it be pulled out of the body before medical attention? just a generic question, the most average circumstances should be assumed. (not particularly a trivia question, but it's an important knowledge that can save someone's life if you know this). - no

1. he wanted to make helicopters. the government didn't give him the license.
2. he was making tractors before he made the Lamborghini automobiles.

[Image: 8215637973_bd78ee419e_b.jpg]

3. the human brain's development doesn't reach completion till the third decade of life or a little later (mostly it's synaptogenesis and myelination in the prefrontal cortex still taking place that late in life). my source for this is Joaquin Fuster.
4. Madonna is an American. born and bred.
5. true. you should never remove the foreign object from the wound unless keeping it in causes obvious immediate harm (e.g. blocking the airway). impacted objects should only be removed in the operating room, in fact. i came across a study that researched this subject, and their statistics were that in 50% of the cases the victim dies after removal of an object/knife/etc. death by hemodynamic collapse. it's not even advised to be done by the paramedics before getting to the hospital. i just thought this was very interesting. it might seem like an instinctive thing to do, to remove knife or whatever is in the wound, to get it out of the body, but it actually shouldn't be done.

Insertnamehere Wrote:I will keep that in mind for all our future interactions, good sir.

i am sorry, you know. didn't mean to ruin your mood or anything.