Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tucking pants into boots and best brands of boots
Here's something i want some opinions on, my favorite type of footwear(as i might off mention before) are 8-10 inch tall leather boots, just love them! but i also sometimes like to tuck my jeans in (usually for both practical and fashion reasons) but i want to know how some of you feel about since i get nothing but grief from my family. I also wanted know how some of you feel about certain brands/models of boots, especially doc martens(thanks for the input U.K. members:biggrinSmile.

From a fashion standpoint, tucking in boots is a NO NO! Boots with shorts is a NO NO! Boots with a suit.....well, depends on the suit.

From a historical standpoint, and this is why your family is probably not liking what you do.....tucking your pants into your boots is a sign of Neo Nazi's, skinheads, and other intolerant idiots out there. Its also a sign of hate, hate crimes, rape, torture, and abuse, which rolls back up into the sign of Neo Nazis and skinheads.

If your job requires you to tuck in your pants or it is safer to work with your pants tucked in, then that is acceptable. Or if you are fishing or walking through fields, or hiking, then tucking is acceptable.

For girls:
(Im talking about male types of boots, not the sexy kind with high heels)

From a fashion point of view, tucking your pants into your boots is a sign of laziness, promiscuity, BAD fashion sense, drug addict, or you are viewed as a lesbian (and a mean one at that).

Here is the "BUT"......................

If you are "goth" or a "metal head", then it is acceptable, as long as your personality and dress state for you "out loud" that you are ONLY into "goth" or a "metal head", and NOT one of the lines of Neo Nazi's or skinhead types.

I had a roommate that was skinhead, and he tucked his pants into his boots. His style of boots and his manner of dress "shouted" that he was a skinhead.

Here's another "BUT"....................

It also depends on the type of boot you are wearing (along with the clothes you are wearing).

Basically, tucked in boots are in bad taste any way you go. I know boots are awesome to wear and they are nice to look at and also make a "statement". You just have to be careful what that statement is!!

I always tuck in my pants with boots, if I don't the snow gets in them!! I didn't know this was a thing in some places... Basically, do whatever you want, the boots sound ridiculous, but I'm sure some people like them (like you!)!

I love the feel of the pant cuffs billowing about my feet (especially pj bottoms), I think I would love bell-bottoms but not sure. Smile
The only boots I wear are snow boots when absolutely necessary, and even then my camo pants get pulled over them, they just look so sexy… but then I am weird :p

Jovial Wrote:I love the feel of the pant cuffs billowing about my feet (especially pj bottoms), I think I would love bell-bottoms but not sure. Smile
The only boots I wear are snow boots when absolutely necessary, and even then my camo pants get pulled over them, they just look so sexy… but then I am weird :p

Back when I was skinny, I wore bell bottom jeans with Dingo boots.
Damn I looked fine!!!!

I dont think I've ever worn boots in my entire life but I sure like gumboots

Gumboots are fun to wear in a river

MisterTinkles Wrote:From a fashion standpoint, tucking in boots is a NO NO! Boots with shorts is a NO NO! Boots with a suit.....well, depends on the suit.

From a historical standpoint, and this is why your family is probably not liking what you do.....tucking your pants into your boots is a sign of Neo Nazi's, skinheads, and other intolerant idiots out there. Its also a sign of hate, hate crimes, rape, torture, and abuse, which rolls back up into the sign of Neo Nazis and skinheads.

If your job requires you to tuck in your pants or it is safer to work with your pants tucked in, then that is acceptable. Or if you are fishing or walking through fields, or hiking, then tucking is acceptable.

For girls:
(Im talking about male types of boots, not the sexy kind with high heels)

From a fashion point of view, tucking your pants into your boots is a sign of laziness, promiscuity, BAD fashion sense, drug addict, or you are viewed as a lesbian (and a mean one at that).

Here is the "BUT"......................

If you are "goth" or a "metal head", then it is acceptable, as long as your personality and dress state for you "out loud" that you are ONLY into "goth" or a "metal head", and NOT one of the lines of Neo Nazi's or skinhead types.

I had a roommate that was skinhead, and he tucked his pants into his boots. His style of boots and his manner of dress "shouted" that he was a skinhead.

Here's another "BUT"....................

It also depends on the type of boot you are wearing (along with the clothes you are wearing).

Basically, tucked in boots are in bad taste any way you go. I know boots are awesome to wear and they are nice to look at and also make a "statement". You just have to be careful what that statement is!!
Actually the grief i i refer to is they say i that i'm to short or i "you should wear skinny jeans" to do that (only once did my dad joke about me looking like a skin-head)but i get what your saying, but i'm probably am going to make a few adjustments to my fashion choices( i like what i like though, and i'm mostly into grunge, some punk stuff.)

Be yourself. I don't see a problem. There may be somewhat of a military element to these boys (who all need a good meal and more sun) but I say 'sexy'.

[Image: jan16_burberry.jpg]

[Image: 1_74888_ZM.JPG]

GET DOCS BITCHES!
I lurv meh docs. Gave me blisters for weeks and then I was fine after that. Long lasting. Makes guys look sexy.
TBH I think guys should wear Docs and Jeans and that's all they should be allowed to wear u.u

[Image: tumblr_m7c7yyiYyI1r6wq0jo1_500.jpg]

THIS IS WHAT I MEAN. CAN'T EVERY ONE LOOK LIKE THIS... Just for me :3