Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"unaccepting perents" thing
closet coffee guy Wrote:I do both, I'll be transferring to a university next year and as for the job I work at a coffee shop so not exactly top dollar.Coffeegood stuff though

What do you want to study at university?

honestly i am still sorting that out. I'm finishing up my associates in science right now and am leaning towards chemistry or pharmacy if i could get accepted. However knowing how i am I'll probably change my mind yet again

closet coffee guy Wrote:honestly i am still sorting that out. I'm finishing up my associates in science right now and am leaning towards chemistry or pharmacy if i could get accepted. However knowing how i am I'll probably change my mind yet again

I wouldn't worry about that much.. I'm 48, and I still haven't decided what I'm going to do when I grow up. Biggrina

closet coffee guy Wrote:honestly i am still sorting that out. I'm finishing up my associates in science right now and am leaning towards chemistry or pharmacy if i could get accepted. However knowing how i am I'll probably change my mind yet again

Thats normal, believe me. I did a BA degree in Ancient History (ended up dropping it when I was going for my MA), but I started out my BA in English, now I'm going to try to apply for an Education degree.

Just do what you think you'll enjoy.

closet coffee guy Wrote:yeah i agree completely. I'm not about to go rushing into a relationship, i joined here so i could talk with people and make new friends like myself that won't judge me for my choices. Pretty much everyone i know is straight except for one person so i'm definitely looking for more than just a partner. first things first

I hope you the best, I realize I am incredibly late for this thread, seeing how it was started in 09 but still
and by the way you have a fucking SEXY body..its perfect

Id hit it anyday Tongue

I don't really think it is a good idea to be suggesting to someone who is having such emotional and family problems, as well as having just come to terms with his sexuality, that they become promiscuous and go to Ibiza and start having sex with random people.

To console problems with emotions, family and sexuality with promiscuous sex is dangerous.

What you have to realize is that there are a whole host of reactions that parent's can have between disowning their children for being gay and running out to join PFLAG. My parents did neither.

One experience which sticks in my mind occurred close to where I think you are. I was working for a GLBT organization in D.C. A friend of mine from the University was there too, and we had arranged to meet one day for lunch at her office. When I got there I found my friend sitting out on the curb in the rain with her cell phone pressed to her ear and tears streaming from her eyes. Her parents, Christian Fundamentalists, were on the phone trying to persuade her to go to an x-gay ministry. She had been dealing with stuff like that since she left high school. The whole thing was surreal to me. Here she was an A student, an accomplished violinist, and a Truman scholar and they had her sitting outside the gates of the White House bawling her eyes out in the rain.

It took me a while to realize there was something more in that interaction than what my initial understanding allowed. Her parents never disowned her and she never abandoned her parents. She met her partner that summer. They had a ceremony last June, and my friend takes her partner when she visits her family. As strange as it is sometimes, families have a way of surprising you with their resilience and the fact that, more often than not, they are unwilling to give up on each other too easily.

I imagine it wont be easy for you and your family, but it may not be as dire as you think.

Rsconceptions, I think you are taking my suggestion more seriously than I intended it to be. At the same time I don't think you should be judgmental in this way. Some people enjoy promiscuity and find it quite compatible with their personal philosophy (Lebensanschauung). I was not recommending it to anyone. Going to Ibiza with condoms makes good sense and does not necessarily imply that you are going to have sex with anyone. If you look at my profile, you will see that I am monogamous but I am not recommending that to anyone else either.