Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unanswered prayers
Yes, we can tell Ttec4U. Are you just not in the mood to expand? Or is the feeling hurting too much to go over it one more time?

Again, I liked what feelings this conveyed... Not sure who you are addressing it to... someone who has had an affair with you but won't come out of the closet?

If you are addressing the Poem above, "Looking Back" I wrote that for "all" of my brothers and sisters. All of us who have at some point been persecuted because of who we are. Who have to keep a low profile, because of where they are... for the same rights we are not afforded, and so on. I was addressing the str8 world, "they" will never feel what the poem describes.
If you ment the poem I removed... because it didn't "scan" well.. (according to another reader) I wrote that in just a few minutes yesterday.. after everything I thought would go right.. went south. I am going through some heavy stuff... and it just keeps getting deeper, I have yet to see a light at the end. But thank you for asking my friend.
"What I've Seen Today"
I 've lost all control .... as I spiral towards the ground...
Nothing that I've tried has worked.. I don't know where I'm bound,
I can't see the road ahead.. and knowone hears my prayers...
I sleep alone in bed each night.. I have knowone that cares,
I once believed in faith, and love.. that right would always win...
But I don't believe it anymore.. as I've fallen once again,
My prayers have gone un-answered.. and the world I knew is gone...
I now live in darkness.. far from any dawn,
I can't see tommorow.. for what I've seen today...
I don't believe in anything.. why would I want to stay.
sg

dlboy53 Wrote:You maybe a Poet, but did he ask for your input on what he wrote. If he did then fine but I sure did not see him ask for it. It clearly had some feeling to it for a reason.

Thanks for sharing your feeling and I'm sorry that you lost your detainer or what ever it was

Idk, usually when people publish a poem in any form, the intention is for it to be read and reacted to.

I'm sure it had feeling behind it, most people don't produce poetry without any feeling behind it, but feeling isn't enough to create a powerful poem, the OP can benefit and express himself more effectively if he works on better structure.

I lost all control, as I spiral to the ground.
Nothing I've tried has worked, where am I bound?
And the road ahead is empty, and there no one cares.
And my bed each night is lonely, and no one hears my prayers.

Once there was faith, love and the triumph of right
over wrong. But now I've fallen,
My prayers have gone un-answered,
now I live in darkness, far from any dawn.

I can't see the light of tomorrow, for what I've seen today.
Why would I want to stay, here
far from any dawn,
far from any dawn.

Just playing around with word choice and order, and line structure you can get something a bit more effective out of the same poem. Here what I've done is rewrite the first four lines into 5 beat iambic lines. They represent a sort of initial order. Then I broke it down into free verse to represent the sense of loss of order, and finished it off with some repetition to emphasize the sense of hopelessness. Still not a crazy fan of the imagery or content though.

Pip, I'm not sure the original poster was out there with that purpose in mind. I really think he needed a platform, an outlet to express all this pent up sorrow. No matter how right you are about the poetry stuff, this is just a time for us to listen, and hear him.
At least, that's what I believe. Don't take it personally, I'm sure you give good rhythmic and rhyming advice.
Wink

Interesting poem , thanks for sharing.Confusedmile:

Pip... I somewhat appreciate your critiquing of my poem. You sound like you know what your speaking.. but that being said... on a percentage base, 98% of the readers ususlly like or love my poems. And hey... thats good enough for me. People like Rainbow... can recognize something written from one's heart. Personally I don't think your reading my poems the way I would read them. You have to feel it.. understand it.. and probably have experienced it... before you get it. Knowone can please everyone..... including you. What have you written lately?

Pip ..... and I'm sorry .. I read your version...... it doesn't flow..... its like hitting a bump in the road. Now I am convinced... you don't read my poems.. as I would. What your writting... is a "different" style of poetry. It doesn't make it "better" ..... its a different style all together. Its a style "you" are comfortable with. But I write my style..... and it flows easily... if you know how to read it. You should expand your knowledge by reading different styles of poetry. And there are many. And understanding them, rather than trying to grade them. I dare say.. I'm sure I've been writting longer than you've been living.
But thanks anyway