Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uncommon hobbies
James Wrote:Helping runaways and suicidal youth, my passion, so I guess my hobby, Jim

[Image: 59502_Humanitarian_Hero_Award-2013.jpg]

I have collected different things in my life. I will try to list them, as I have collected them through the years. I started when I was about 5 I think....

Percolators
Irons
Records
Stuffed rabbits and Snoopy's
Collectable Avon cologne bottles
Ceramics
Stamps
Candy Bar wrappers (dont ask)
Anything with calla lilies on it
Painted face masks
Candles (sculptured and scented)
Anything cats
Anything Garfield
Christmas and Halloween decor
Wonder Woman comics
Anything Wonder Woman
Magazine articles on stars I had crushes on
Magazines/catalogs with stars I had crushes on
Gay romance novels (not the sex ones)
Living Dead Dolls
High end collectable Barbie dolls
Snowman cookie jars

I haven't collected anything in years, except debt and bills.
Although there is a Fitz and Floyd snowman cookie jar I want really bad this year.
I hope they have some left after Cmas. I cant afford to pay $60 for a cookie jar.

The only thing I collect now is unemployment and fat.

I am also a knife freak. I have quite an extensive collection of well, everything and any kind of knife. I do file work, restoration, sharpening, and engraving on knives. As well as all my other guns and various weapons. But my real love is bows. Traditional archery mainly, I have one PSe Xforce compound (non-traditional), and two long bows and a recurve.

As a side hobby I hand make arrow heads out of flint and quartz and other gemstone(I don't have enough post to post pictures yet). Even though I may cheat and use modern tools from time to time.

I also have an encyclopedic knowledge and interest in bar bets and pool tricks. And I enjoy fire eating. Yeah, i'm all over the board with hobbies.

I've got a few hobbies. I don't know how "uncommon" they really are, but whatever.

I like to take care of a lot of pets. I've had a wide assortment of pets in my short life, though I only have four right now: a dog, snake, cat, and hedgehog. When I move into a bigger place and become more financially capable, I'll probably have some sort of crazy zoo. We'll see.

As for collecting, I have a decent collection of both books and records. My book collection could use some work, but only because I had to get rid of most of them in my last move.

I also enjoy role playing games like D&D and Mutants & Masterminds. While that's not the most uncommon hobby in the world, it certainly isn't the coolest. It's damn fun though.

This thread is making me sad 'cause my life is so empty Sad

MisterTinkles Wrote:I have collected different things in my life. I will try to list them, as I have collected them through the years. I started when I was about 5 I think....

Percolators
Irons
Records
Stuffed rabbits and Snoopy's
Collectable Avon cologne bottles
Ceramics
Stamps
Candy Bar wrappers (dont ask)
Anything with calla lilies on it
Painted face masks
Candles (sculptured and scented)
Anything cats
Anything Garfield
Christmas and Halloween decor
Wonder Woman comics
Anything Wonder Woman
Magazine articles on stars I had crushes on
Magazines/catalogs with stars I had crushes on
Gay romance novels (not the sex ones)
Living Dead Dolls
High end collectable Barbie dolls
Snowman cookie jars

I haven't collected anything in years, except debt and bills.
Although there is a Fitz and Floyd snowman cookie jar I want really bad this year.
I hope they have some left after Cmas. I cant afford to pay $60 for a cookie jar.

The only thing I collect now is unemployment and fat.
why did you collect candy bar wrappers? :biggrin:

Me and my ex used to do fencing. That was fun. Ridiculously gay sport though, I just stick to jogging these days!

I like anime and French films. Oh and I've done a bit of rock climbing and sky diving before. Does that count?

Tulloni Wrote:Oh and I've done a bit of rock climbing and sky diving before.

Hehe... I barely climb a chair :eek: - though if my boyfriend was tall I'd love to climb him! Wink

Martial arts.
Gardening is pretty common
Same with gaming

I've been interesting in Heraldry and Genealogy since I was about 15.

Geminize may be interested to know that the lion with two tails he he uses on his pic is known as a Lion rampant queue-fourché.

I'm able to understand the strange language (Blazonry) in which Heraldry is described so I can interpret someone's coat of arms from just a written description. I then offer to paint those arms on wood or canvas. Usually wooden sheild-shaped plaques or my speciality a wooden framed lozenge in the style of heraldic funeral hatchments which were painted when someone died and hung over the entrance of their house to indicate that the owner had died. They were then hung in the deceased persons parish church.

Many of my ancestors are buried at the church in this link http://www.st-luke.co.uk/ not too far away from where I live. I've forgotten how to post pics in here so you'll have to trawl through all the pics on the "Gallery" tab at the top right of their site. You'll note the large diamond-shaped coats of arms and some of the monuments to my ancestors, the Bolds of Bold.

I'm a keen armature local historian, always uncovering interesting little factoids about my home town.

I enjoy photography and horse riding... although not at the same time!

P.S. could someone please remind me how to post pics >HERE< It's /img a link to the image followed by img or soemthing! I think!

Thanks.