Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My family are assholes
All good advice, and I thank you all for it. Remember though, this was clearly marked as a "rant" right from the start. I'm pretty satisfied with the life I've been building the last few years and the way things have been progressing.

There is a definite generational difference here. Yes, I'm kind of half in and half out. But I'm not entirely unhappy with that. I do in tend to be "all out" eventually, but I consider that a gradual process rather than a single event.

What some of the younger people here might not have as a frame of reference is just how much of a life you can build up based around the assumption that you're a straight man. It's something that, if I made all of the changes at once, would entail completely starting everything from scratch and possible having my entire life implode. I dug myself in really, really deep when I was younger. I made it so that my eventual coming out is going to confuse the hell out of even the most accepting people I know. That's not to say it isn't worth it. It's more saying, it aint all that simple kids.

My partner is still relatively a new development. He's been around long enough that I'm comfortable with my daughter having met him, but even that is with the understanding that there is no long term commitment yet. We're exclusive (at least to the best of my knowledge) but as we're both single dads with a lot to lose we're taking things slow.

I actually thought at one point I might do my big coming out on Mother's Day. But I do like the idea of doing it on Thanksgiving. I might never do anything that dramatic, but I'm laughing at the possibility for sure.

Take care, nfisher, and take good care of those you love and who love you. That's what's important.

It sucks majorly when you have family like that but there's nothing you can really do to change their opinions, it sucks!