Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unrequited
hey guys how goes it.

I was on this forum once before over a year ago, apologies that I'm starting anew because I honestly don't remember my username. I like to think I was nice and would be welcome back.

I have a question about a guy (how many posts probably start like that). We both live in Kentucky which is like the buckle of the Bible Belt.

We met, frankly, in a sexual hookup and started seeing each other because there was some kind of chemistry there.

It was pretty sudden that he stopped coming by and stopped coming by. He's 43, I'm 50. Maybe the age difference is a factor. We connected intellectually and the sex was... well, spectacular.

Unfortunately that does not make a relationship. He still lives with his mother... works full time but for a number of reasons among which his parents are divorced and he's taken on the male role in the family for his mom, who is a fundamentalist Christian.

We both have a lot in common, we both drink probably excessively. We both smoke weed, no other drugs.

We call each other pretty much every night and talk for over an hour. He's first intellectually attractive to me, and secondly the sex was dynamite and physically we both clicked deeply.

He used to drive the 40 minutes to be with me, he can't have me over there because his mom disapproves of his 'lifestyle' as he calls it.

Unfortunately for me, I'm stone in love with him. He's a great kisser and very romantic, charming as fuck, out totally but not really interested in a relationship. Except with his mom.

What can I do to get him out of my head?

I'm confused with this post and your other one "about a guy" - are these about the same guy or 2 different guys...?

Sorry to be slow, need more Coffee

his parents are divorced and he's taken on the male role in the family for his mom, who is a fundamentalist Christian.

but not really interested in a relationship. Except with his mom.

^^^Above is your answer to any question you may have about him.

strider65 Wrote:What can I do to get him out of my head?

The best way to get over one man is to get under another one.

Seriously... See other people. Distract yourself. Keep busy.

This post sounds similar enough to the other one that you have to be talking about the same guy. However, in that one, his mother was a mild annoyance. In this one, he's stopped contacting you completely because of her.

If that IS the case, send him a message that says "Hit me up if you ever want to do something again". Then consider him over, and work on moving on. Grieve if you have to, but get back out there.

Lex

Lexington, I see your point. Unfortunately that can be easier said than done.

You can send him the message. And even if moving on is difficult, you can certainly WORK on moving on. That involves focusing outwards, on things that don't have anything to do with him. Finding other things (and people) to focus on. Smile

Lex

what needs to happen is for that woman to find herself a man and stop expecting her son to replace the husband that she divorced. she is a bible thumping fundamentalist Christian and domineering over him to the point that it's stunted his ability to become an independent adult.