Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
update and apology
Well as some of you know, I made a post recently that among other things mentioned that my dad was recently diagnosed with cancer. Well it turned out to be a misunderstanding, I thought he was being serious(though in retrospect I should of known he wasn't being serious) and things didn't get cleared up until this morning when I asked when he was going to tell everybody else. He gave me a strange look for a second and then told me he was just joking, again in retrospect I should of known(certain things about the diagnoses not making sense and the lack of emotions etc.). So, as much as it embarrasses me to admit it, it was my fault for not thinking clearly and for not asking him for clarification sooner. So I'm very, very, very, very sorry for getting some of you a little worked up over a misunderstanding, and again I'm sorry.
(p.s., if your wondering what the joke was suppose to be, it was an inside joke and i'll leave it at that)

Well, thats ok, not your fault.

I think it's shitty of him to scare you like that though. Not very "parent-ish" for sure!!

Im all for sick sense's of humor, but that one is just beyond all sorts of WRONG!!!!

It's OK, most of us would have probably react the exact same way you did to that sort of news.

In my opinion it was a terrible joke to make and something like cancer should not be trivialised in to humour.

Oh, don't be sorry, I'm happy for you.

But slap your dad, not a funny joke !!

MisterTinkles Wrote:Well, thats ok, not your fault.

I think it's shitty of him to scare you like that though. Not very "parent-ish" for sure!!

Im all for sick sense's of humor, but that one is just beyond all sorts of WRONG!!!!
well in his defense, I didn't show very much reaction when he told me, so he probably assumed I knew his intentions, plus like I said it was sort of a inside joke between us two ( he wasn't referring to literal cancer, but using it as a analogy so to speak), but it probably would of helped if he clarified that for me sooner(sometimes my brain just doesn't function properly:tongueSmile

Well, Jaxc, it may have been a joke but surely it is mostly a relief for you. The joke isn't very funny, and especially if it got you all terribly worried about his future and your future.
Why did he do it? It is something you may want to address with him.
I, for one, am happy that your dad isn't ill with this disease. It's not something you would wish on anyone. Maybe this is a good time to tell your dad you love him??? Herz
I personally prefer this good news, Jaxc. Confusedmile:

PS, thank you for clarifying. Bighug

whatever the nature of the (bad) joke was,

I'm glad it's all good..

Glad your father is ok, but that's a very odd/unfunny joke to play.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Nothing to be sorry about .Confusedmile:

If you didn't know your father before, you now have a clearer picture of his character. At one point in my life a friend swore a number of us to secrecy and then alluded to some horrible, physical illness that would require surgery. We were asked to not come to the hospital, tell no one...well, as this was a good friend we were concerned, even his wife didn't know the whole story. The day came, he left for the hospital and then...nothing. Wasn't it lucky that mutual friend, not sworn to secrecy, was a doctor who had privileges at that hospital. In his jovial way, he commented that he'd seen the surgical details and he'd never seen a worse case of hemorrhoids. While not the most pleasant of topics, it hardly rose to the level of us arranging with the florist for a coffin piece. As you might guess, when he "appeared" full of stories of a miracle cure, you can imagine his surprise when we had some stories of our own.

Charon