Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vaping
so I went and saw Batman v. Superman. (Decent enough film) and during the final third of the film a guy in the row in front of me was vaping. He didn't even try to hide it. It was scented like something and it really bothered me. Of course I didn't do anything, but after some googling I find this is perfectly legal to do, there is a forum about it (probably more than 1) and doing so in a movie theater is pretty common. Not one person in the topic said they didn't do it. They all act like no one notices them "stealth vaping" and that they have never gotten negative reactions. Of course you haven't people don't cough when the smoke hits them because it's fake and everyone (myself included) doesn't like confrontation these days. We just stare at you and let our minds do the reacting.

This makes me not want to go to the movies for a while. It has also been a long time since I've gone too, I just had to see BvS.

I know it's not half the theater that does it, but still shouldn't it be a reason to get booted from the theater? It's still a distraction especially when it was 3D IMAX

I see no problem with it personally, unless it is blown in my face. It is nothing but slightly scented water vapour, which isn't all that pleasant if blown right in your face I agree, but it doesn't really affect you otherwise.

There was a conversation at work about this the other day as one of my workmates was vaping in the canteen and a woman from a different department complained saying "oh, so we are allowed to smoke inside now then?". My workmate quite correctly informed her it was just water vapour. Then she replied, "Well I don't want to breath in your nicotine". To which he had to correct her again, no or negligible levels of nicotine are being expelled in his breath to affect her. There does seem to be some misconceptions around vaping.

Live and let live I say. I fully support the smoking ban in indoor places because that is just vile, but I see no problem with vaping at all. The harmless vapour doesn't even linger like smoke.

It's just water vapor so it's no biggie. Unless the whole room is doing it maybe. Other than that it really doesn't bother me and I'd rather people do that to get their nicotine jollies than smoking.

Not the same as that fucking disgusting and vile habit of smoking. I was glad when legislation was passed to severely limit the places where you can smoke cause it got really annoying at one point, people just have no respect what so ever, otherwise simple common sense would take place and no legistlation would be needed.

Don't even get me started on my October travel to Uruguay, I had to endure the very much legal marijuana smoking all over the fucking place. Awful smelling shit and that smell was everywhere.

And now I'm rambling.

But yes, all in all this is (finally) a non-nasty way to smoke. I mean you breathe in water vapor as it is. This is just scented and mildly I would say as I've never picked up any particular smell whenever people have done it in front of me (of course they asked for permission to do it, which was also less off-putting)
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I e vape my self .. but I do hate when fellow v'res get animal...

sometimes I take mine out and get a lil, rude in their direction ... they usually rethink what they're doing...

Cridders88 Wrote:There does seem to be some misconceptions around vaping.

yes, there is alot... and mostly people dont realize that it isnt just a water vapor with some nice flavor...

i have been working in a drug company developing drugs so i have been a bit concerned about this new e-cigarette culture and a long term effect.

for example:
"Comparison of electronic cigarette refill fluid cytotoxicity using embryonic and adult models"
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...3812002833

"Cherry-flavoured electronic cigarettes expose users to the inhalation irritant, benzaldehyde"
http://thorax.bmj.com/content/early/2016...5.abstract

"Cytotoxicity evaluation of electronic cigarette vapor extract on cultured mammalian fibroblasts (ClearStream-LIFE): comparison with tobacco cigarette smoke extract"
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.31...013.793439

passive vaping?

"Does e-cigarette consumption cause passive vaping?"
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.11...792.x/full

"Overall, the e-cigarette is a new source of VOCs and ultrafine/fine particles (*) in the indoor environment. Therefore, the question of ‘passive vaping’ can be answered in the affirmative. However, with regard to a health-related evaluation of e-cigarette consumption, the impact of vapor inhalation into the human lung should be of primary concern."

studies (so far) show low risk impact for passive smokers and low exposure realitive to tobacco but all authors say the same: we need more studies.

"Has the mist been peered through? Revisiting the building blocks of human health risk assessment for electronic cigarette use"
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1...15.1100064

(*)
- VOCs = volatile organic compounds
- fine particles is a "new" area that is studied more nowadays and how fine particles affects us and environment. for example diesel, that was kept as a good alternative for gasoline, is nowadays more in headlines because of fine particles in exhaust fumes and a remarkable problem considering our health.

Id rather have cig smoke blown in my face all day long than a e cig

I don't want to be in a building where people vape. I find it very rude that someone would even consider doing it. Vaping is not just water vapor, it is a chemical inhalant that I do not want in me.

It astounds me the amount of people who scream out for pitchforks and torches at the sight of someone smoking or vaping, yet live in cities where the air is constantly being polluted with auto and airline exhaust. Granted, emission control has made it so it's less visible/odorless, but it's still there. You think a little second hand smoke passing some guy on the street is going to kill you? Your car probably puts out more harmful fumes in 30 minutes than some guy vaping does in a year.

I'm amazed at how people prioritize things.

[Image: torches-and-pitchforks.jpg]

Insertnamehere Wrote:It's just water vapor so it's no biggie. Unless the whole room is doing it maybe. Other than that it really doesn't bother me and I'd rather people do that to get their nicotine jollies than smoking.

Not the same as that fucking disgusting and vile habit of smoking. I was glad when legislation was passed to severely limit the places where you can smoke cause it got really annoying at one point, people just have no respect what so ever, otherwise simple common sense would take place and no legistlation would be needed.

Don't even get me started on my October travel to Uruguay, I had to endure the very much legal marijuana smoking all over the fucking place. Awful smelling shit and that smell was everywhere.

And now I'm rambling.

But yes, all in all this is (finally) a non-nasty way to smoke. I mean you breathe in water vapor as it is. This is just scented and mildly I would say as I've never picked up any particular smell whenever people have done it in front of me (of course they asked for permission to do it, which was also less off-putting)

Hey thanks for the Mary jane heads up , your right the stuff wreeks human animal B.O. and is not healthy I had no idea it was legal their....
I will now never visit Uruguay,,,,,Blackbat

hEY THANK

VINA Wrote:Hey thanks for the Mary jane heads up , your right the stuff wreeks human animal B.O. and is not healthy I had no idea it was legal their....
I will now never visit Uruguay,,,,,Blackbat

hEY THANK

It's still a nice place to visit. And the same liberalism that legalized the drug is also what legalized ss marriage there in 2013, so pros and cons I guess.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]