Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
want to know if this is normal behavior for a dentist
I hope this is posted in the right spot. anyway i have been going to the dentist at the same place for about a year and everytime i go , end up seeing a different dentist almost everytime,( one of those clinics that have many , most if not all are right out of college) anyway this very atractive male dentist was the one i got the last few times i went, and because I thought he was cute i requested him last time i went to. so my question is i think but maybe its in my mind, that he has been a little more touchy feely with me . more so then any other dentist ive ever seen. I was getting a root canel last week and of course he had to give me a shot of lidocaine, i told him that i have a hard time getting numb and he said( dont worry iam giving you the strong stuff, this will pinch but i will be gentle) ok i guess kinda normal. so he proceeds to work on me and i notice he kept touching my face in spots that wernt needed to be touched for the root canel. and many times ,once for almost 10-15 min he leans his stomach area tight against my head/shoulder area, again for no reason, he didnt even have his hand in my mouth one time. he was so close i could hear his heart beat and feel his body heat. then i noticed when he was holding a dental tool, he would hold out his pinky fingure like he was drinking a cup of tea or somthing. he just seemed very sensitive in the way he worked on me. i have Never had dental work that didnt hurt because i could always feel it but not this time. now i know iam probaly over examining this and making somthing out of nothing but do you think he could be gay, and thats why he was so gentle with me or is he just a really good dentist. my gaydar is usally pretty good but iam having a hard time with this one. i have a bi uncle and a gay cousin so i can tell most of time ( it runs in my genes). would be nice if by some slim chance he was gay or bi. because he is very nice guy. but i kno he couldnt or shouldnt have a relationship with a patient. sorry about the huge single spaced , run on sentence , pile of words. lol. hope someone one here can help me out Confusedmile:

I am not sure if that is normal or not, but one suggestion is to visit the dentist place web site and see if they have a bio section. It might inform you if he's married/has kids. Perhaps big cities don't do that, but the web site stuff for our local dentists all have that sort of personal info too lol. Dental work is expensive so hopefully you can figure out a way to find out without making unnecessary appointments Smile

ya thanks- i already tried that and i couldnt find anything on him, i do have to go back this friday to get a cap so i will see him again. and maybe pick up some more clues.

Ask the secretary, they like to gossip.

Honestly nothing that you've decribed seems out of the norm at all. Maybe he's gay maybe not, who knows, but I do know that when I like a guy sometimes I find myself looking for reasons why his behavior might be different than everyone else, maybe he's giving me a sign, usually I'm just projecting my own desires onto someone else's behavior though.
Richard

Put it out of your mind. While he's your dentist he's off-limits. Can you imagine the repercussions on your next appointment if you did hook up and it didn't work out?!! However, were you to to encounter him socially, you might need to think about changing dentist.

In the meantime, be pleased he was gentle with you.

Ah well,s you can't be sure for now, but next time you go do you think maybe you could ask him for his number for example, under the pretext you...idk, you want to be able to call him for your next appointment bbecause you are very pleased with his work? And you'll be able to see his reaction, maybe a convo will start...and stuff. Keep us updated on the situation, please! I really hope it works out! :]

well thanks for all the help, i am not sure if i would ever do anything about it or not, if he were gay and even into me. but i would like to kno iam not nuts .lol because just by the way he speaks and coments on things its at the very least he is sensitive. the chance of me ever running into him in a social setting would be almost impossible, because his office is 70 miles from my house( i live in a very rurel area) . like ARDUS said maybe iam just looking for somthing thats not really their. which i considered right away. and if something like that were to ever happen not even in just this case, if the person meant enough to me , i would change the doctor or dentist just because i would want to be with the person. because thats just comman sense that they couldnt be with a customer. well i just go with the flow , things happen for reasons and i not one to rush anything or cause a uncomfortable situation. iam keeping my eyes openConfusedmile: i did notice he didnt have on a wedding ring, but did have any thing on his hands, maybe he jsut doesnt wear them at work, idk, well again thanks for the posts.

i forgot to mention he wants called by his first name , maybe he has all his patients call him by his first name. but i thought that this was interesting tidbit. I he drives a purple car to, because when i got to the office i was early so i was waiting in the car and he came back from his lunch break and parked next to me. Ive not seen many men who choose puprle cars over other colors. most ( straight guys) around here anyway wouldnt be caught dead in a pink or purple car. thats just to gurly for them. so just another observation. ( i am very detailed person) lol