Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we'll see what happens? what does this mean?
I have a fair idea what this statement implies but just wanted to see the interpretations of others. Met a guy. We had fun. We cuddled. We both said we enjoyed the night. I text him two days later and we got chatting. I told him I enjoyed myself and he said we could do it again sometime. I know he is somewhat relationship oriented because he told me he has had a few bfs but he must not be that into me. I expressed interest in getting to know him better, and not just focusing on sex. He said that, if he was going to decide to do that he would need to know more about me. He mentioned compatibility and how it was obviously important so I said of course to that. He said: "Okay we will see what happens, we can organise another visit soon Smile" and then declared he was tired immediately and headed to bed. I suspect it was just a one night stand but his actions on the night seemed different than other one night stands I've had. So I was a bit confused. I suppose that is the last I will hear of him. Any thoughts?

Eh, this one can go either way. I would consider the idea of meeting again, but I wouldn't necessarily get your hopes up about it.

Don't hang around too long for this guy.

Retain your dignity but keep looking.

I wish you well though!

"We'll see what happens"

That is a sort of response I would use now days if anyone showed any interest.

I am 'gun shy' at this time. Too many bad experiences under my belt, so now I am too cautious and flat refuse to throw myself in to any situation. I am cautiously optimistic - open to the idea of a relationship, but not throwing myself at anyone at the drop of a hat.

But this situation you have is a bit different. I have had only two one night stands and they were done just so I can say I have the experience and tell people who want one night stands that I don't like them and I have no need for them. I also tried haggis for similar reasons, but it turns out I love haggis....:tongue:

The thing with one night stands is that too many guys are only into it it for 'just sex' yet don't have the back-bone to make that perfectly clear. They are wishy-washy on the subject and often will lead others to believe there is a potential for 'more' where none exists in order to attain another notch on their bed-post.

So in this situation I would feel that this is just a dismissal.

IDK - too many players out in the world, thus honest guys who may actually be open to the idea of more have no real way of safely saying 'I'm open to more' without sounding like a player.

I personally flat refuse to do a one night stand with the hopes of it being more. If I was going out to have just sex I would make it perfectly clear 'I'm going to fuck your brains out then toss you away like yesterday's newspaper'.

I would crush any and all hope of relationship immediately BEFORE things got to the bedroom.

If you are going to be open to casual sex, then you need to don on some protection - aside from condoms - you need to put up armor plating around your heart and get yourself to the point where you can have sex and flat refuse to fall for a fellow.

It's seems that he's just not that into....
I mean, he literally said it.

Accept your loses, and move on.

"We'll see what happens" means different things in different situations.

Sometimes, it means there's a possibility for things to work out,
but in your case, I can't say that for sure.

lazyboy Wrote:I have a fair idea what this statement implies but just wanted to see the interpretations of others. Met a guy. We had fun. We cuddled. We both said we enjoyed the night. I text him two days later and we got chatting. I told him I enjoyed myself and he said we could do it again sometime. I know he is somewhat relationship oriented because he told me he has had a few bfs but he must not be that into me. I expressed interest in getting to know him better, and not just focusing on sex. He said that, if he was going to decide to do that he would need to know more about me. He mentioned compatibility and how it was obviously important so I said of course to that. He said: "Okay we will see what happens, we can organise another visit soon Smile" and then declared he was tired immediately and headed to bed. I suspect it was just a one night stand but his actions on the night seemed different than other one night stands I've had. So I was a bit confused. I suppose that is the last I will hear of him. Any thoughts?

Tough call. He's definitely unsure, but it's possible he will return when you least expect it.

The cynic in me translates "we'll see what happens" into something far more pessimistic, but that sort of energy isn't worthwhile to indulge. Life's too short. You have zero obligations to this guy, so keep looking - if he thinks there's potential he'll respond. Otherwise he's not worth pining over. It is his loss. Not yours.