Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wear something that identifies you as gay
what do you wear that that identified you as gay?
i take along my partner, he is very gay. I'm straight acting so only my headless torso is allowed to leave the house. otherwise:
-i wear 3 rings. The women notice the ring(s)Rolleyes
-wear a pearl bracelet.

Straight men and women dress so differently. No difficulty identifying each other. Gays however look just like guys. So gays can't recognize each other out in the general population. This invisibility contributes to gays having difficulty finding friends and partners. Gaydar is a 90's thing.

still wear t-shirts and jeans maybe a Chanel cashmere beeney. no one has ever picked up the the Canel cashmere. My partner will insist i wear better shoes or jacket or glasses.

I don't wear anything that identifies me as gay and to be honest I don't really see the point of this thread. The only way anyone will identify me as gay through clothing will be unless I wear a t-shirt saying "I'm a big homo".

mrk2010 Wrote:... and to be honest I don't really see the point of this thread. ...

Straight men and women dress so differently. No difficulty identifying each other. Gays however look just like guys. So gays can't recognize each other out in the general population. This invisibility contributes to gays having difficulty finding friends and partners. Gaydar is a 90's thing.

Yeah I'm just a guy's guy. Besides, I got big giant heart and my spirit outshines muh rags mostly anyway - I've never seen anything identified as "gay" that meant better'n what god stuck me with man.
I wanna radiate what I'm after, not "pencil sharpener in heat". If a guy that looks like me goes "gay" it just looks weird or maybe like "Oh yeah, TRY and beat me up tinky! I ain't had lunch yet!" heh

i could do with an identifying item, tbh ,, dont think id recognise them on anyone else really lol

No chance ... I just and only wear grey...and sometimes black.... and I have not found a gay grey till today Wink

When I was growing up in California in the '80s I seem to remember gay men wearing one earring in their right ear as a "signal".

Straight men were wearing one earring (if at all) in their left ear.

Naturally, not every straight guy got the memo....causing some mixed signals as you can imagine.

:confused:

I look like a blue collar guy most of the time...nothing that I plan but it is just what I feel comfortable in. I don't think I have anything that would identify me as gay except when I wear Levis and black steel toe boots... Those are my "dress up" clothes:biggrinSmile...alot of gay men wear that combo or something similar so maybe that might be considered gay?

many years ago with the help of one of my gay friends who s style conscious we realized a few things...

I have never once asked another person if they liked my clothes or the way I looked (who cares:biggrinSmile

I have never wondered what I should wear except on Halloween.

It takes me 10 minutes to buy enough clothes for a year and I think it is absurd to even care if anyone else likes them or not so I learned never to bring anyone else because so many people seem to think giving their opinion on other people's clothes or appearance ...when they didnt' ask and have never asked....is somehow a helpful or positive experienceRoflmao.

LateBloomer Wrote:When I was growing up in California in the '80s I seem to remember gay men wearing one earring in their right ear as a "signal".

Straight men were wearing one earring (if at all) in their left ear.

Naturally, not every straight guy got the memo....causing some mixed signals as you can imagine.

:confused:

No, that was California baby - I doubt those were mixed signals! Lol!
(Evreebody in California lil bit gay - or maybe just on weekends)

My shoulder bag with all of my writing equipment is rainbow colored and has a rainbow colored pin attatched to it. I wear that because i like colors and want to make the world a more colorful place ^^ not really to label myself