Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wear something that identifies you as gay
Don't get me wrong. Some of you guys - and then you get up there close to pay and that bracelet or other kinda sensual thing and I'm automatic oh!. My "about to embarass yourself!" alarm goes off as well. haha

I'm not sure if there is any item of clothing or jewelry these days (other than the "I'm not gay but my boyfriend is" type of t-shirt Smile ) that could "identify" someone as gay. But like others have said, I try, now that I've come to terms with who I am, to let what's inside of me show on the outside. And I find it easier to do so now since I don't really have to "worry" about someone seeing me do something and think "Geezus that guys gay!" Bighug

The closest thing I can come up with is my "Love conquers hate" shirt. But I don't wear to look gay, I wear it becacuse I want to promote the idea that love does conquer hate. :3 Plus the shirt is gray and the lettering is fading...

Well, I certainly don't wake up in the morning and rush to the closet and think "What shall be my gay-wear today?", generally I wear jeans and a T. HOWEVER, I have to admit that I am a fool for piercings and I wear 3 diamond studs in each ear.......and a diamond tennis bracelet....and a white gold chain with a diamond and tiger eye pendant......and I DO really LOVE my wedding ring (white gold w/ 8 one karat diamonds..........OK OK I am a jewelry hound :redface: and then there are the non-showing piercings.....

I like argyle -_-

Beaux Wrote:Well, I certainly don't wake up in the morning and rush to the closet and think "What shall be my gay-wear today?", generally I wear jeans and a T. HOWEVER, I have to admit that I am a fool for piercings and I wear 3 diamond studs in each ear.......and a diamond tennis bracelet....and a white gold chain with a diamond and tiger eye pendant......and I DO really LOVE my wedding ring (white gold w/ 8 one karat diamonds..........OK OK I am a jewelry hound :redface: and then there are the non-showing piercings.....

You sound alot like my lover...he loves jewelry and last year we were brokering some gold for a customer for a commission and we had this gold guy here and when my BF found out how much gold was selling for he went into a zillion places and pulled out gold and diamond rings and chains...I guess he has been buying for years (I never pay attention because we share our money and he knows he can buy whatever he wants). I have bought him some as well....i was laughing because he reminded me of a squirrel with a bunch of nuts he stored away....PLUS he had a bunch he would not sell or part with. I only have the gold wedding band he gave me and I love that because he gave it to me.

This is actually something I've thought about, too. The only thing I wear that might indicate I'm gay is my San Francisco t-shirt, but it's a pretty low-level signal (nothing fancy about the shirt, the lettering isn't rainbow-colored or anything Wink

East Wrote:You sound alot like my lover...he loves jewelry and last year we were brokering some gold for a customer for a commission and we had this gold guy here and when my BF found out how much gold was selling for he went into a zillion places and pulled out gold and diamond rings and chains...I guess he has been buying for years (I never pay attention because we share our money and he knows he can buy whatever he wants). I have bought him some as well....i was laughing because he reminded me of a squirrel with a bunch of nuts he stored away....PLUS he had a bunch he would not sell or part with. I only have the gold wedding band he gave me and I love that because he gave it to me.

I think he and I would get along MARVELOUSLY lol :-D when I was little my grand mother would let me play in her jewelry box, it was her good jewelry and I had to be very carful with it...idk, it instilled in me a love of shiny things I guess :redface:
My husband knows me well, birthdays, Christmas, anniversarys.....jewelry, jewelry,jewelry lol
He, on the other hand, only wears his wedding ring, just a simply platinum w/out any stones or anything. He knows I love sparkies though, so he indulges me. What's the point of it all if you can't enjoy it right? Confusedmile:

Personally.. I don't really see much point to this thread as you can never tell who is gay, bi or straight from what they are wearing for example one of my friends is really feminine, wears girls jeans, tops, makeup, paints his nails and does his hair up really femininely BUT is as straight as a plank of wood hah

But for me, I tend to wear skinny jeans, graphic-print t-shits with a colourful hoody or light jacket of sorts, the odd necklace a bracelet or two and my ear piercings both lobes stretched with plugs in them despite the stereotype of a guy should only have one in his left ear finished with hi-top trainers like converse or nike dunks (basketball shoes) so meh.. fairly bog standard, colour co-ordinated and looks good so.... dunno if you could tell my sexuality from what I wear :tongue:

I don't know if this thread is just for the guys, but...
People often confuse me as a straight woman. Well, because, the only gay women these people know about are onesies and twosies that are more on the butch side, so it's a little more obvious (though there is this one girl I know that's super straight, but even caught me off guard). I'm more of.. An in between. I'm a little feminine, a little tomboyish. I'll fix my hair and wear makeup (if I feel like it) and wear all kinds of skinny jeans and cute clothes. But all my mannerisms are really guy-ish. Like how I sit or wrestle around. I've been told by a couple of people that they wouldn't have guessed I was gay until they saw how I act, then they just knew. Haha