Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weather where ever
A very rare event Nick, but we do have them.

We also get a lot of water spouts on the coast, we call them 'Willy Willy's', but they stay over the water and cause no damage like tornadoes do.

Tnakfully the bad weather didn't eventuate as the weather system worked it's way down the coast and then out to sea just north of Brisbane, but not before dumping upto 400mm on parts of the Sunshine Coast, north of Brisbane, causing a lot of flash flooding on the coastal regions.

Still pretty wet, not going to be hanging the washing out this week.

I guess spring has officially arrived. The first thunderstorm has just hit our valley. I need to have our lightning rod checked...

Lighting hit a neighbor's house once, dont know if a lighting rod will help you. A small nuclear event.

:frown: really? We need to have the rod checked every four years (insurance policy) I used to love thunderstorms when I was a kid. It has changed to respect lately. I guess it goes hand in hand with having love in your life and being afraid of losing the ones you love because of unnecessary risk.

when the weather kicks up i love watching it. Nothing much you can do

Here in Toronto,Canada, for the past couple of days we had a very summer-like eather in March. Now are high for the day is going to be at 12 degrees Celsius and it's currently raining.

pellaz Wrote:when the weather kicks up i love watching it. Nothing much you can do

Confusedmile: apart from being out in the open, your arms widely spread out, face to the sky, letting the raindrops hit your skin and eagerly waiting where the lighting hits next.

*sigh* it's been ages. I need to loosen up some day again Confusedmile:

I love watching thunderstorms in the summer as well

I feel we are in for a few autumnal thunder storms in coming weeks. It has been raining for the last 10 days, yesterday was warm and humid as will today be, and that's when out storms begin brewing over the hinterland and hit the coast without warning usually.