Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weird things that you eat
It is considered completely normal where I'm from, but anywhere else everyone looks at me like I'm a complete weirdo for asking mayo on pretty much everything.. Tongue

Rareboy Wrote:Peanut Butter and crispy bacon with mayo is so fucking good too. Just sayin'.

that sounds like something i would like. i've heard the peanut butter + bacon thing somewhere before. it'll go on my list.

Cinestry Wrote:It is considered completely normal where I'm from, but anywhere else everyone looks at me like I'm a complete weirdo for asking mayo on pretty much everything.. Tongue

I do that here. I've not noticed any strange looks, but some places don't have it so it -might- be considered strange here. I'm not sure.

I buy my mayo in bulk for at home use. *Chuckles*

LJay Wrote:It also goes very nicely with corned beef. It also makes an interesting sauce for fried shrimp when mixed with orange marmalade.

If you like radishes and garlic, you are in the ballpark.

You may have even tasted it as the hot spike in cocktail sauce.

I like trying new foods, but you sure don't have to if you don't.

corned beef you say. i like beef and corn.

it may be that i've had it without knowing, but i sure can't identify it.

and no, i don't like trying everything. i can usually tell what i might like and what i might not before i've had it. i don't care if i try new foods. it's more important that i get to have the stuff that i do like again and again.

Cinestry Wrote:It is considered completely normal where I'm from, but anywhere else everyone looks at me like I'm a complete weirdo for asking mayo on pretty much everything.. Tongue

i put avocado oil on everything. and i mean everything. from pasta, to salads, to snacks, to even some pastries. most people haven't even heard of avocado oil.

I used to eat raw ramen noodles which is pretty weird.

Ah, you may not have corned beef in Europe as we USers know it. It is brisket cured in a salt solution with pickling spices and then usually boiled to cook. Onions and carrots and potatoes are often served with it, also boiled cabbage. Great sliced cold for sandwiches. I think it may have originated with Jewish cooks in the Boston area during the 19th century. It used to be a cheap and hearty meal, but these days, like everything else, the price has skyrocketed. For some reason it is popular around St. Patrick's Day in the US and most Irishmen have never heard of it.

Corning is an old term for pickling.

Bless those Jewish grandmothers. They can love almost anything into a good meal.
I bid NO Trump!

bort Wrote:I used to eat raw ramen noodles which is pretty weird.

I used to know a woman who would give this to her kids. She called it the "poor mom's bag of chips".

LJay Wrote:Ah, you may not have corned beef in Europe as we USers know it. It is brisket cured in a salt solution with pickling spices and then usually boiled to cook. Onions and carrots and potatoes are often served with it, also boiled cabbage. Great sliced cold for sandwiches. I think it may have originated with Jewish cooks in the Boston area during the 19th century. It used to be a cheap and hearty meal, but these days, like everything else, the price has skyrocketed. For some reason it is popular around St. Patrick's Day in the US and most Irishmen have never heard of it.

yeah i don't eat onions, pickles, or cabbage. boiled cabbage yuck. the only thing i would eat out of that is beef and corn. not a fan of carrots either.