Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weird transgender question...
I've looked high and low across Google for the answer to my question and I'm empty handed.
first allow me to explain my friend Jasmin and I are attempting to write a comic together. It's going well but we have some plot twists that would be cool as long as they are possible.
I would also like to apologize now because I'm pretty sure this is the wrong board but I don't know where else to put this question.

My question is...
Can a transgendered female to male become pregnant accidentally? And if so how?
All sites and information are helpful :3
Please and thank you

Rae Wrote:I've looked high and low across Google for the answer to my question and I'm empty handed.
first allow me to explain my friend Jasmin and I are attempting to write a comic together. It's going well but we have some plot twists that would be cool as long as they are possible.
I would also like to apologize now because I'm pretty sure this is the wrong board but I don't know where else to put this question.

My question is...
Please and thank you

First off, I just have to ask. How does ANYONE become pregnant accidentally? You just happen to be walking through a park, trip & fall into a puddle of sperm, crotch first?

If you are basically asking if a F2M transgender can become pregnant at all then the answer is yes. Until the person has a hysterectomy or at the very least no longer has a period then any time sperm is inserted into the vagina either by sexual intercourse or by any other means then it is VERY possible for a F2M to become pregnant.

http://health.discovery.com/tv/pregnant-...t-man.html

Hm...I do suppose unplanned is a better phraseology than accidental lol
And thank you for the article link
I'll read it when I have more than just my kindle fire to look at it with XD

Rae Wrote:My question is...
Please and thank you

Yes, she could. It's very possible. There was a pregnant transgender male on Oprah a few years ago. I'm sure you can find the interview on Youtube or google.

It's possible, as long as they still had their vagina, uterus ETC.
Though i'm not sure how the different hormone levels would effect the pregnancy, that's assuming they are using hormonal supplements(is that the right word?).

If hormones are being used, there's probably a point over the course of hormone replacement therapy where becoming pregnant while using them is nigh/completely impossible.

The above is just my guess from what i know.
Which isn't that much.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

That would actually depend on if s/he had had the reassignment surgery and, the details of that surgery. If s/he had had full reconstruction which would close her vagina and require a hysterectomy (to prevent further menstrual cycles0 then no. Other wise, which is the more likely scenario, yes as s/he will have at least some sort of opening that allows menstrual fluids to leave the body, thus an avenue for sperm to enter the body.

On another note that might add some humor to the comic, without additional surgery and some sort of prosthesis f to m trans post surgery rarely have the ability to penetrate a partner - it works for urination while standing, but that's about it.

The last season (6) of The L Word dealt with that. I cringe referring to a TV show to give an example of reality, but nevertheless the show is written by lesbians for lesbians (and includes transgenders) and multiple FtM transsexuals said that the character of Max (formerly Moira) was so easy to relate to, it was their life, so I'm inclined to think they weren't being silly or getting too wild with the creative license (the "WTF!?" moments aside).

Anyway, Max had been on T (that is, testosterone) for awhile and pretty much look like a guy (even had a beard). The real irony is that a gay man fell for him and got him pregnant (it is possible, however unlikely, for a woman to become pregnant from anal sex as sperm can still make it into the vagina though the show didn't show the details of how it happened). Max had believed that because of the T he couldn't get pregnant but he was wrong. I thought it was an interesting (if very sad at times) story and the series ended before Max gave birth without saying for sure which option Max decided on for his child, so fair warning.

Oh, one more thing, if you decide to rent this season just for the story of Max then I suggest FFing through all the other scenes as much of it probably won't make sense and it's assumed you already know all the intimate (and fucked up) details of the characters and is actually little more than a wrap up for the entire series.

I had an FtM professor who had two children, so yes it is possible for a trans man to have a child if he hasn't had a hysterectomy. Although, it often requires changing their hormone intake in order to restore fertility and not to harm the fetus.

myapple Wrote:Yes, she could. It's very possible. There was a pregnant transgender male on Oprah a few years ago. I'm sure you can find the interview on Youtube or google.

And here is the latest news on this man. http://tumfweko.com/2012/04/20/man-who-b...from-wife/

In my mind it's a she.

Thanks everyone! 8D
This helps a lot for the comic!