Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
were you spanked as a kids?
I was never spanked, and as far as I can remember I was only ever grounded once.

well now, I was spanked when I was little but I was a bad kid in my toddler years and the last time was because I showed my friend my underwear, I was being raised by my super religious grandparents at the time so they made me get "the switch".

Yes I was spanked as a child and I think I turned out ok....well...mostly! LOL

Yes, that was back in the days when you were actually allowed to discipline children without legal retorts of abuse.

Most people in my generation and before were spanked and were respectful of elders and authority, now a days the only people kids respect is themselves...Generation ME.

no idea

my childhood was very , very abusive (physically and sexually) so i doubt it would have made much difference ~~

Yes, I was a lot, and not only spanked. It hasn't affected my relationship with my parents though. When I look at it back now, I think that it was a sign of frustration and helplessness. I am sure it was useless many times though. They simply didn't know how to set the boundaries when I refused to listen.

I wish I was only spanked.

the short list includes (but is by no means limited too):

1. Being punched.
2. Being kicked.
3. Pushed down a flight of stairs (3 times I can recall).
4. being shoved through my bedroom window, unfortunately my bedroom was on the second floor and had a concrete patio under the window.
5. Thrown against walls, counters, tables, doors, trees - well thrown against any sufficiently hard object.
6. Had objects thrown at me; dishes, heavy ashtrays, glass bottles, glasses, mugs - whatever was handy.
7. locked in closets - for a day, a night, a week...

Well I could go on with all of the things I remember that happened to me as a kid... but I don't want to scare you.

Do I spank my children? I don't have children, don't want children.

I'm sorry, I know i might get alot of dislikes by saying this.

But there is really no need for a thread like this.

safe, empathetic Bighug

Yeah, I mean just spanking okay, but like you - long list of thing that went well beyond spanking. No stairs for me but closets should not have doors. :frown:

ceez Wrote:well now, I was spanked when I was little but I was a bad kid in my toddler years and the last time was because I showed my friend my underwear, I was being raised by my super religious grandparents at the time so they made me get "the switch".

Just for showing your underwear to your friend? Look I consider it gross. But certainly not unethical or punishment worthy. By the way. I don't believe you were a bad kid. Unless you were hanging people on trees. The problem is, your parents have taboos, that I don't. And you don't have to have them either.