Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you call lunch and the main meal
Dinner
Tea
Supper

Lunch or dinner

Dinner is called dinner. Lunch is called whatever it is I'm eating - an apple, a sandwich, crisps (or crips), for example. Maybe if I were eating lunchables, I would call it lunch, but never in all my years have I eaten lunchables and I don't think I ever will.

My meals are called....

Breakfast
Brunch
Lunch
Dinner
Supper
Second Supper

Keep in mind, I have a hyper-metabolism and have to eat a good 5-6 meals a day (plus snacks) just to keep up with it. For this reason, I have no "mail meal" of the day. They are all equally important.

I call them welcome.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner if I quote habit, but "It's time for supper." rolls off the tongue easily.

Terrifically fond of the Hobbit usage, "Second Breakfast." Elevenses and Tea are neat also.

I revere eating and will not refuse a meal by any name.
I bid NO Trump!

Breakfast, lunch, and supper.

In much of the South, "dinner" is typically on Sundays after church services, and is usually a combo of lunch and supper.

Coffee
Coffee
Oh Fuck I need to eat something before I pass out
Coffee
Tea
Coffee (tea just didn't cut it)
Supper
Coffee

---> Coffee is the most important meal of the day!

I do admit since coming to New Mexico I am eating better and more often, even gained something like 10-15 pounds.

Breakfast, lunch, dinner...

Son, where I come from we call them:
FOOD!!!
Smile

same: breakfast, lunch, dinner

on sundays or any other day offs: brunch(more like combining breakfast and lunch) and not so much needing a full dinner either

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner...

I remember my Dad used to say supper...he was from NY...maybe it is a regional thing?

Well, in the older days I know they called it breakfast, supper, and dinner.
Breakfast was the largest meal of the day, frequently laid out like a dinner with ham and beef, various breads and fruits, cakes pies and other baked goods and so on.
Supper was minimal, and dinner was like a typical lunch. It was the one meal where all the family members could get together as it was held after school, jobs, farm work and such.
Kinda neat, actually.