Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you (dis)like to receive as gifts?
My parents got divorced when I was 17. For a brief period of time they competed against one another for my love and my loyalty. I ended up with a Behringer guitar amp, the latest iPod and a foosball table. I call that time the Age of Decadence.

I'm really not much on receiving gifts. Just come around and show the same enthusiasm for helping me paint or move furniture as you do drinking my beer.

I did a weird twist on this in 2011 for my birthday which is 11:55 New Years Eve. I sent out invitations to my birthday party with questionaires humbly asking for the ways each of them believed I could improve myself. It wasn't a survey. It was a test. I was looking for criticism. The people who gave criticism are still friends and are even closer now. The others have spread out to find someone else with a wet bar at home. I don't like suckoffants. Hahahahahha.

I am not all for gifs and stuff. Although, games, movies, clothes, and jewellery are always a hit Tongue

Awful gifts: Pets. Twice now, people who I didn't even know well but who knew I am an animal lover, have given me puppies. Though I did IMMEDIATELY fall in love with the dogs, pets are a major imposition to put on a person as a "gift".

Fantastic gifts? Well, anything that shows you were really thinking of me when you got/made the gift. I have such a wide, eclectic range of things I like, it's really hard to just say one or two things that would make a wonderful gift....

Yanno, I was reading through threads and came up with a agift that would be very nice and quite unique: virginity.
I bid NO Trump!

I like gifts that come with a receipt.

LJay Wrote:Yanno, I was reading through threads and came up with a agift that would be very nice and quite unique: virginity.
Does that come with a receipt?

I HATE receiving socks as a gift, it's like no thought was put into, they where at the store the night before and thought, "oh crap, we forgot to get ceez something, I know... SOCKS... because everyone needs socks" :mad: that's like asking someone whats the most important thing to them in life and they answer back, "air". -_-
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

ceez Wrote:I HATE receiving socks as a gift, it's like no thought was put into, they where at the store the night before and thought, "oh crap, we forgot to get ceez something, I know... SOCKS... because everyone needs socks" :mad: that's like asking someone whats the most important thing to them in life and they answer back, "air". -_-

socks make a very dull present. the only way i see to make them somewhat interesting would be to put them on a guy i like, with other clothes on him meant as a present for me, and then i'd have to take them off him. now that would be a hot present. i wouldn't mind getting socks like that.

ceez Wrote:I HATE receiving socks as a gift, it's like no thought was put into, they where at the store the night before and thought, "oh crap, we forgot to get ceez something, I know... SOCKS... because everyone needs socks" :mad: that's like asking someone whats the most important thing to them in life and they answer back, "air". -_-

My mother-in-law (ex now I guess) always gives me socks for my birthday and a pair of 501's for Christmas... If it wasn't for her I would be barefoot and pantless.... Sorta like I am now, but not by choice. :tongue: