Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what does it mean to you?
There are words that are used to describe, lable or refer to gay people somtimes disparagingly. Yet some of them have been adopted by gay people to refer to themselves yet still offend others. What words offend you? What words have you adopted or just cant make up your mind if you comfortable with? and define what they mean to you?

I struggle with queer and puff as they were terms used while growing up to snear at gay people by people who didnt even have the balls or wits to insult properly

Obviously my thoughts and associations to certaing words may change over time and become more comfortable with them.

for me it all depends on who says the words and in what context - my mates can call me puff or queer all day long in jest and I will return the compliment - if it was someone saying those words in hate or trying to antagonise me then I will oblige and probably break their face - simples

Never heard of puff... That one is new to on me...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

i agree with Matty, it depends on who is saying the word, and the intent behind it.

queer doesn't bother me, neither does fag, as long as they're not said with venom.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Fag grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
My father had a car with a electrical problem and you had to press menu and reset before the dash would work properly . My mum not remembering what button she need to press asked him what the button was called? She should have known better! Without missing a beat his answer was "fred" i nearly wore the soupe i was trying to eat. I went outside and put a sticker over the munu button that said "fred":i stayed there till we got rid of the car.

I thing fag is writen on my. press if you want me to explode button

they are just words - its the way they are delivered and the intent behind them - but you can just rise above them either way - even if a person says them in a negative way but you don't know them you can easily rise above them - that person has not earned any kind of respect from you and his words therefore cannot carry any weight - only the weight you care to give them ...so give them none

Depends heavily on what the context is and the intention behind it.

On a general basis, my thought is this: you can define the attraction of men other men as "pile of shit" if you wish and henceforth call me a "pile of shit" and I won't give two thirds of a flying fuck.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I seem to have several post i made yesterdat missing from varions threads. So please dont think i am not answering what has been left. It is apreciated! And even if i cant manage to answer reading your responces helps

shyl4l Wrote:I seem to have several post i made yesterdat missing from varions threads. So please dont think i am not answering what has been left. It is apreciated! And even if i cant manage to answer reading your responces helps

Anyone under 50 posts will get randomly moderated every now and then.

It says so when you sign up for the place. A loooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of people seem to miss that.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I know most of it if not all of it is because I'm just not use to openly talking about myself. The more i do the more i will get used to it