Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is this madness?
I'm just trying to gain some insight, because I feel that gay and straight relationships are quite different. For starters, my ex was 17, and his new bf is 24.

I was with this guy for 15 months, prior to a break up on New Year's Day. I Thought we were a "forever" thing, and very much in love yadda yadda.

Anyways, he met a new guy THE DAY BEFORE he ended our relationship. I am 100% positive of this.
They hung out Dec 31, and then the new guy came and stayed with him New Year's Eve night. I went for a surprise visit on New Year's Day, which I found out what was going on, was broken up with, and they began dating immediately. They posted pictures this same day, like an hour later, on instagram and facebook together, no clothes, with little handwritten notes that said "i love you", and all of that.

My ex moved in with him after knowing him for 9 days. That lasted about 2 weeks, because, Wellllllll.... people reported the pictures and social services got involved. The new guy lost his job as a police officer (ironic).

My ex turned 18 yesterday, and has already moved back in with this guy 2 months later. They don't know each other at all. He dropped out of high school and quit his job. My ex always was so negative and complained ALL the time about everything in his life from the get-go. Everything was all about him. I stuck with him nonetheless, probably because I wasn't openly gay and feared being alone.

I know nothing is never as it seems, but sometimes I can't help but think "their lives are so perfect together." That's a real downer for me, because of course, it makes me feel like I wasn't good enough, or that I was a failure. My ex had no friends, and much of his family had turned their backs to him too, just because of the type of person he is. It took me post-breakup to realize "why" he had noone, and why he was soooo clingy to me. Have you seen this happen before? What prediction would you make? I'm a great guy, but basically, after watching this whole situation unfold, I feel somewhat incompetent, that I'm not "good enough," and that he found someone better and who makes him happy....