Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what should I do in this situation?
the way I see it, there's no point in rejecting him.

If he just wants to get in touch again, so be it it doesnt mean you're going to be best friends hereafter.
If he's been mean to you before what's the point of holding it against him? What will it achieve? He won't get anything out of it and neither will you. So basically just passively agree to it and go through the motions. And if something good comes out of it so be it. if something bad comes out (which I doubt will) just stop contact with him he's not an important person in your life it seems.

Quote:Anyways i want to say no but i just cant stand the idea of neglecting someone for any other reason than him being mean to me. And he's not.

People do change, thank goddess. I would be open to that and cautiously give him a chance. Maybe meet in a neutral location, but suggesting to come over to your place seems pretty personal after not seeing him for sometime.

Slider

I've had this kind of experience before,and it was suspicious for the other party to contact me all of a sudden,but I was lured and met him anyway,and I kinda regret it since he was just seeing me as a potential customer to whatever MLM business he's doing. My advice would be to find out whatever his intention before meeting up. At least you get a picture,and it's easier to decide from there. Smile

Oh, the reason I do not want to meet him is not that he's been mean in the past. I honestly don't care about that. At all. He's just not the kind of person I want to spend my time with in terms of opinions, values, ideals etc.

But I've replied to him now and I guess it was basically an extended "maybe". Thanks everyone!

Please take offense to my remarks. I think you are creepy by pretending to like this guy. Trust your instincts and ignore him. He can live happily without you. You can live happily without him. Why involve him in something that feels creepy to you? He will sense it and then resent it and start bullying you. At that point, you sort of asked for it by pretending to be nice. Leave things alone. If you have time, find an old man like me and offer to walk me to the park. I still like company but there are days when I am bad on my feet. It would be nice to have someone to grab if I start to fall. Falling hurts a lot when your my age. If you like to nice, there are people who need you. Find them and volunteer to help. That was something I was taught as a child. I still love to volunteer because it makes me feel useful. What you wrote was selfserving not useful.

Just a thought
John

Don't know if you don't go. It would be interesting to go and see what happens. Your just getting a drink and talking. If things get hectic or uncomfortable, you can always leave.

Liiiiick hiiiiim! (And post pictures of his reaction!)