Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what things can you cook
princealbertofb Wrote:...So Diwali is the same day as Guy Fawkes' Day ?? Is it always on that date?
No, it changes.

Quote:Diwali date changes every year as the day is calculated according to the position of the moon. According to Hindu reckoning, the date of Diwali falls on 15th day of the dark fortnight in the auspicious Hindu month of Kartik or the month of October/November in English calendar. This Diwali day falls on the amavasya or the no moon day. Diwali date comes 20 days after the popular festival of Dussehra or Vijaya Dashmi.

So, that's cleared that up then. Rolleyes I haven't been to Leicester for Diwali for a few years. Maybe a trip over there is called for this year ...

My cooking lately has been cooking...juice! LOL I am experimenting daily with different veggies and fruit as I bought this heavy duty juice maker that gets all the pulp out...

I found the combination of cauliflower and pear juice is really good but my favorite so far is maybe 8 carrots, 8 stalks of celery, pineapple and apples. It is fun to come up with different ideas and it is a great breakfast (very filling too)...I am going to try cucumber juice this morning but havent' figured out what else to add yet

That combo of juices sounds quite nice, East... I'd like to try it, maybe in a salad... Waldorf springs to mind.
[Image: waldorf%20salad.wps2.jpg]
or maybe this one which seems to have the ingredients you were mentioning.
[Image: waldorf-salad.jpg]
This can be found on this page along with a pistachio dessert idea that sounds and looks rather nice...
Simple Waldorf Salad

1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
Dash salt
1 cup chopped celery
2 medium red apples, chopped
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
Lettuce Leaves

Pistachio Fruit Salad

[Image: jello-salad.jpg]1 (20 ounce) can crushed unsweetened pineapple
1 (1 ounce) package instant sugar-free pistachio pudding mix
1 (15.25 ounce) can unsweetened fruit cocktail, drained
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping

Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a bowl, whisk together reserved juice and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in the pineapple, fruit cocktail and mandarin oranges. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serves 6.

I'd leave out the instant pudding mix and probably make something out of scratch... for better texture and taste.

Here's one I made earlier!

this thread looks so much better with pictures, I'm in the mood for salad now :tongue:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yummy Sil... Chocolate cake?

princealbertofb Wrote:Yummy Sil... Chocolate cake?

Certainly is Smile help yourselves

Sil Wrote:Certainly is Smile help yourselves

Thanks Sil, may I have a piece for my mate too? Wink

princealbertofb Wrote:Thanks Sil, may I have a piece for my mate too? Wink

of course! Torte

when you're that polite you get coffee as well ^_^

That would be a fine thing, Sil, but neither my partner, nor I drink the beverage... He'd probably just go for a glass of water and I'd like a cup of tea, please; milk, no sugar.

I can't really cook much but can make brownies!