Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what things can you cook
albabonzai Wrote:I love to cook. I am the only one out of all my mates who actually cooks, they all think putting a frozen tesco pie and chips in the oven and boiling some peas is cooking!! No thats re heating Tongue

I do find tho that everytime i make summit it tastes different. I dont write recipies down, i just love to experiment. If it tastes diff every time i make it i wont get bored of it Tongue I cook things from fajitas to lasagne, my own burgers to spag bog. I mix vegetarian and meat. I am the same as Prince Albert as make my own pizzas by buying a plain cheese from like the expensive range and put my own fresh meats and more cheese on it.

Cooking is like love making, if you dont have an orgasm eating your food then you are doing it wrong.

lol

xxxxxxxxxxx

Very true... Cooking ought to be a pleasure for yourself and for your guests... or family. But most of all, for the taste buds. Who's a Sybarite?

I love to cook, and I love to eat so it works out well for me.
I usually make more food than I can eat in one sitting so I end up having the same food for 2-3 days then cooking again, which works out nicely for me as I don't always have time to do a full meal every day. Then on weekends I go for broke, like last weekend I made a traditional fish and shrimp Jambalaya and just ate the last of it today. Good food but I'm ready for something different think I will have a New York strip tomorrow.
Richard

Southern fried chicken with Cayenne, dirty rice, and honey butter biscuits is my best dish. However I don't eat it I just sulk in the corner while everyone else does.Cry

I like to cook two dishes. One is called Ta'neelth', this is a Navajo dish that consists of ground blue corn and juniper ashes. It is sort of like a dumpling. It is very good!!!!

The second dish I like to make is a dish from northern Venezuela called, Puerco con Aguacates. It is basically boneless pork ribs marinated in an avacado puree. It is great!

ardus Wrote:I love to cook, and I love to eat so it works out well for me.
I usually make more food than I can eat in one sitting so I end up having the same food for 2-3 days then cooking again, which works out nicely for me as I don't always have time to do a full meal every day. Then on weekends I go for broke, like last weekend I made a traditional fish and shrimp Jambalaya and just ate the last of it today. Good food but I'm ready for something different think I will have a New York strip tomorrow.
Richard

What's a New York Strip, Richard???

I cooked really good vegetarian lasagna yesterday... So much sauce that we can make another one, but I'll probably freeze that for later.... You can get too much of a good thing... (although I'm sure Marshlander could be persuaded to eat it again - very soon :biggrinSmile I think I mentioned making cheese (and spinach?) soufflet today

New York strip is a very popular cut of steak in the US, Albert.

not good at cooking but if it counts i can make a great salad, it sounds boring but i dice various coloured peppers inc sweet chillie, mix in all the other various chopped and diced veg inc raddishes, red onion etc, when its done its so colourfull that people love it - serve it surrounded by cherry tomatoes topped with tiger prawns and a squeeze of lemon - there's plenty of room for variation too, i like it with a piece of fresh white fish.

matty7 Wrote:not good at cooking but if it counts i can make a great salad, it sounds boring but i dice various coloured peppers inc sweet chillie, mix in all the other various chopped and diced veg inc raddishes, red onion etc, when its done its so colourfull that people love it - serve it surrounded by cherry tomatoes topped with tiger prawns and a squeeze of lemon - there's plenty of room for variation too, i like it with a piece of fresh white fish.

IM NOT SUCKING UP HERE BUT......... I love a good salad.

My fave salad dressing is Balsamic vinegar or dressing.

Like the idea of tiger prawns mmmmmm, i am currently waiting on my Dominoes pizza, but now i want salad!!Sad

jade_ari Wrote:I like to cook two dishes. One is called Ta'neelth', this is a Navajo dish that consists of ground blue corn and juniper ashes. It is sort of like a dumpling. It is very good!!!!

jade, this sounds like a very unique dish. Is it possible for me to get the recipe? could I ever find juniper ashes in the little town I live in???

I like veggie food, especially Italian. An easy favourite of mine is patriotic pasta.
Cook any pasta in a large pan in lots of salted water according to the packet instructions – usually 12 to 14 minutes. Use a timer if you are absent minded. Make sure it is “al dente” soft enough to eat but not soggy.
Add pesto sauce to taste and stir. I use a heaped tablespoon per person.
Add a good handful of rocket/rucula per person and stir.
Serve in large bowls and add chopped cherry tomatoes and grana padano or parmesan.
I love it and there is little cooking involved, so it is idiot-proof (I can do it).