Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what things can you cook
Thanks for the information Richard... Wonder if that's the same as sirloin?

princealbertofb Wrote:Thanks for the information Richard... Wonder if that's the same as sirloin?

It's not.
Sirloin tends to be a cut that works well when cooked long, and that makes it more tender, the one exception is Top Sirloin which starts out more tender but cooks the same way.

We are vegetarians, only normal that I shouldn't be well acquainted with meat cuts... :redface:

i got a lovly recipey it is chocolate fudge cake and nuts init . i am going to make it tomorrow!Knuddel

Yum all that talk of food is making me hungry again! Laugh

I just put on a spicy chicken caserole in the slow cooker for dins later. It's got loads of spices, onions, garlic, carrots, baby sweet orange peppers, split peas, sweet potatoes and erm spinach in it too! I didn't realise until recently spinach has more iron (calcium as well) in it than beef! I've always loved it as a veg! (no Popeye jokes!) :biggrin:
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

joseph Wrote:i got a lovly recipey it is chocolate fudge cake and nuts init . i am going to make it tomorrow!Knuddel
Ooh, lovely Joseph! I look forward to that later then!Remybussi

I can book.... Eggs, Sausages, chips, Chicken... I can cook lots but it tends to be junk ;p or burnt haha

Andy Wrote:Yum all that talk of food is making me hungry again! Laugh

I just put on a spicy chicken caserole in the slow cooker for dins later. It's got loads of spices, onions, garlic, carrots, baby sweet orange peppers, split peas, sweet potatoes and erm spinach in it too! I didn't realise until recently spinach has more iron (calcium as well) in it than beef! I've always loved it as a veg! (no Popeye jokes!) :biggrin:

Actually, Andy, it appears that the high iron content in spinach is a bit of a fraudulous myth. It will of course, like any leafy green vegetable contain quite a lot of calcium, but for iron content you'd be better off with other vegetables, notably pulses and some nuts, or offal and sea foods.
more than 10 mg for 100 g :
Clams (26);
mussels (24);
black (blood) pudding (20);
pig liver (15);
lamb liver (10)
ox liver (10)
parsley (10) surprisingly

fava beans (9)
rabbit liver (7.9)
chick peas (7.2)
ox kidney (7)
lentils (6)
egg yolk (6)
oysters (5.5)
calf liver (5)
cashew nuts (5)

raw almonds (4.5)
raw haselnuts (4.5)
spinach (4)
wholewheat flour (4)
dessicated coconut (3.6)
prunes (3.4)
dandelion (3.2)
raisins / sultanas (3.3)
etc...

Lilmy87 Wrote:Ooh, lovely Joseph! I look forward to that later then!Remybussi

Hey Joseph/Limy - how did the chocolate cake turn out?

adzie Wrote:I can cook.... Eggs, Sausages, chips, Chicken... I can cook lots but it tends to be junk ;p or burnt haha

Get a timer from the pound shop if you haven't got one built-in to your cooker... I couldn't live without one... otherwise my stuff would be burnt too! Laugh

princealbertofb Wrote:Actually, Andy, it appears that the high iron content in spinach is a bit of a fraudulous myth. It will of course, like any leafy green vegetable contain quite a lot of calcium, but for iron content you'd be better off with other vegetables, notably pulses and some nuts, or offal and sea foods.
more than 10 mg for 100 g :
Clams (26);
mussels (24);
black (blood) pudding (20);
pig liver (15);
lamb liver (10)
ox liver (10)
parsley (10) surprisingly

fava beans (9)
rabbit liver (7.9)
chick peas (7.2)
ox kidney (7)
lentils (6)
egg yolk (6)
oysters (5.5)
calf liver (5)
cashew nuts (5)

raw almonds (4.5)
raw haselnuts (4.5)
spinach (4)
wholewheat flour (4)
dessicated coconut (3.6)
prunes (3.4)
dandelion (3.2)
raisins / sultanas (3.3)
etc...

Eek thanks for the list! I read about it having more iron in loads of places! :eek: E.g. Spinach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I still love the taste though... had king prawn saag last week and it was really tasty!

I love seafood but couldn't eat offal like liver or kidneys... or cute bunnies either... YUCKIES! lol I don't eat much lamb or pork either but eat lots of the other stuff you mentioned as well as taking multivitimins and fish oil/omega supplements every day... :biggrin:
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Just tried something new yesterday. Carmelized some onions, added tomatoes and capers in the last one minute, blanched and shocked some snow peas, mixed all the veggies, then served it with seared halibut steak.

YUMMY

the onions make the flavor of the vegetables SOOOO good, liked it so much I had it again today.
Richard