Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what things can you cook
sometimes i make zucchini and rice. which is brown 2 pounds of hamburger and add 2 cans del monte zucchini and serve over boil in bag of rice. easy and fast. i learned it from my mom.

I'm really excited I just got my Bhut Jolokia peppers today, tried a little bit of one, was very intense, but has such a wonderful smoky flavor. Going to to try somethng conserative at first a nice little salsa. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Richard

Well the worlds's hottest peppers do not disappoint my friends. Made little tomato salsa with my Bhut Jolokia peppers, its, nice and hot at first, but the real surprise comes when it just keeps building and building on your palette. Yummy, hot, but yummy.
Richard

Mmm, so many delicious receipts and people who enjoys to cook AND to eat as well Wink I am a big fan of cooking and I don/t like when men (or women) are just living like a parasites at their parents house, eating mums food and not knowing how to make an egg! Making food is sort of art to me and I am cooking often with my partner...
@ Richard- the onions make the flavor ALWAYS so good and it goes with lots of things, not only veggies Smile

I am thinking about making baklava or spanakopita. I am just not sure I really want to fight the filo. I make whatever floats my fancy at any given time. I get a lot of requests for my four cheese lasagna, though.

dreamer814 Wrote:I am thinking about making baklava or spanakopita. I am just not sure I really want to fight the filo. I make whatever floats my fancy at any given time. I get a lot of requests for my four cheese lasagna, though.

Baklava?? Respect Xyxthumbs I love all turkish sweets! My friend is from Bosnia, and they have also that kind of sweets and many others.. like hurmasica (dont know if the spelling is right) and kadaif... I have tried it once and it was sooo delicious!!

Who wants this 18th century recipe for Mincemeat (without meat?)
Incidentally you could replace the suet with vegetable margarine if you are so inclined.

MINCEMEAT WITHOUT MEAT

MINCEMEAT PIE WITHOUT MEAT (18th century)
Chop fine three pounds of suet, and three pounds of pared and cored apples. Wash and dry three pounds of currants, stone and chop one pound of raisins, beat and sift (love this bit, lol ) one pound and a half of loaf sugar (who does loaf sugar these days???), cut small twelve ounces of candied orange peel and six ounces of citron; mix all well together, with a quarter of and ounce of nutmeg, half an ounce of cinnamon, six or eight cloves, and half a pint of French Brandy; put it into closed jar, and keep it for use.
This is from an old book my mother had; I've just got the photocopy from that page.

To the above sorts of ingredients we actually substituted or added vegetable margarine instead of the suet, brown sugar, lemon juice and a bit of the grated rind, all spice, cardamom, a whole pot of apricot jam... It is delicious. I can't wait to make the pies... But it's advent officially now, so we can make some.

[COLOR="Purple"]WoW, That is a LOT of meatless mincemeat!!!

How large of a jar do you have up there PA?

THREE POUNDS OF VEGETABLE MARGARINE???

Is there any cooking involved or just mixing?[/COLOR]

fjp999 Wrote:WoW, That is a LOT of meatless mincemeat!!! ...
You just wait till he gets going with the mince pies Confusedmile:

I make and awesome bacon and egg sanwich with red sauce ^_^ thats about it lol Tongue