Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what things can you cook
Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:A sunday roast dinner the easy way.

Beef joint in a slow cooker for 6-7 hours (saturday nite/ early sunday morning).
Roast potatoes in mircowave combo for 25/30 mins.
Mixed veg zapped in mircowave for 3 mins.
Instant beef gravy add boilng water.
Served with a bottle of wine.

Confusedmile:Confusedmile:Confusedmile:

I do something very similar with beef roast, but I cook everything together in the crock pot and I take the juices and make my own gravy on the stove but its great either way. Crock pot is a single man's best friend.
Richard

ardus Wrote:Worked out pretty well, without the tomato sause it lacked to mellowing that the sweet acidity of tomatoes gives it but it still tastes good
Richard

[COLOR="Purple"]I find it very difficult to discuss hotness/spiciness of a certain pepper/spice.

Before my stomach went bad I use to love the hottest of hottest (but it is all in my opinion of what is hot). Wasabe in paste form seems to be pretty tear inducing. And there were some restaurants, usually Thai, that after two or three spoons of a curry or soup you could no longer feel your tongue Rofl I guess that all was pretty silly really. But we were young and foolish - you would maybe get feelings back to your lips first then tongue after a few hours...

As a conversation teacher of adults in Japan many students would invite me out for dinner having me pick where to go and what to eat. I would always go with these fun Thai places. The poor students would take one bite and couldnt eat anything but plain white rice.

Party fun days Tuut

How hot do you all like it?[/COLOR]

I like it hot. Let me rephrase that, I like It HOT. The hot food I cook usually blows people out of the water but I love it. I however actually understand why I love hot food. Capsaicin sets off pain receptors which triggers endorphins, so literally, really hot food makes you high.
Richard

ardus Wrote:I like it hot. Let me rephrase that, I like It HOT. The hot food I cook usually blows people out of the water but I love it. I however actually understand why I love hot food. Capsaicin sets off pain receptors which triggers endorphins, so literally, really hot food makes you high.
Richard

Ever tried Thai food? I mean the local food... hot like hell. Spit fire out the ears.

Amigo Wrote:Ever tried Thai food? I mean the local food... hot like hell. Spit fire out the ears.
Bought a bowlful of something at a small festival I was playing at once. NEVER AGAIN!!!Firedevil

The basics. Craftdinner and hotdogs! Smile

I suck at cooking.

I just burnt a bag of popcorn... with a microwave.

Another one of my 'gourmet' dish :

Campbell soup. Or any other brand of soup that come in cans... with easy open tab. I never buy the cans that require a can opener.

Pour into a pot, heat it with gas stove, not nuke it with microwave... stir it often, and add whatever you have in the fridge at the time... milk... cheeze... vegie bits... egg...

Then voila! Yummy....

Actually, no. Not yummy.

It's slightly better than starving...

My bf told me to never try to cook anything inless he was there to help, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

James Wrote:My bf told me to never try to cook anything inless he was there to help, Jim

What a bossy boyfriend you have there, Jim!