Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what would you do?
not sure what the legal situation is?

but anyway here is the thing,I ordered an item of a shop online,went to pay for it and in the basket was 100 x £10 items I had not ordered or even viewed,so I don't even know how they got there but the weid thing is the price for them was £0 as a discount had also somehow been appied,so I checked to see if the total for the goods I ordered was correct,it was so I paid,then got an email confirming the order with the 100 items still showing £0,just checked the order status and it says "being processed" waiting for stock? lol not sure if I will get the order but not sure what I will do if it turns up? what would you guys do?

I'd be like Fucken woop woop!

As far as I know it is EU law in trading, that the vendor of the goods has the right to adjust the price if the buyer could realize that the price is not right. This applies after delivery of the goods 3 or 6 months .... and that the vendor it not noted is unlikely Confusedmile:

Kiid Wrote:I'd be like Fucken woop woop!

lol thats funny.

Dude! This has scam written all over it, if you used your credit card I would be extremely cautious.

TimmyThink Wrote:Dude! This has scam written all over it, if you used your credit card I would be extremely cautious.

no mate it's a company I have used before,a well know store here in the UK,high street shops and online too.

It seems to me that given these 100 items discounted down to £0 were on the screen when you clicked the final confirmation button, that the retailer cannot force you to pay for them at their usual price. That said they could say it was so obviously a mistake that they are no bound to keep the contract of sale with yourself, if so you could either pay for them or return them (at their expense).

I suspect that during the packing stage the error will be spotted and corrected. But let us suppose that is not. If your package arrives with the 100 items check the delivery/packing note if these items are not mentioned I suspect you are obliged to let them know they have sent you these items for which you have not paid for. If the note does mention the items then I think you can reasonably assume the company knows that they have sent you the items for free since they should have copies of both your delivery note and your original order. In that case I would keep the delivery note, order form and the 100 items safe in their original packaging, and wait and see if the company asks for them back. As for how long you should keep them safe, I am not sure.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

yeah I think you are right,it's funny they only had 6 in stock so 94 :eek: are on back order,someone must spot it when it's getting packaged?

I hope your hundred items don't require feeding or space in the 'fridge ...

lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^

They cant charge you for them now, to me it looks like its enitrely their fault due to an error on their website. If you get the 100 items you can contact them asking if they are genuine or if it was a mistake. They'll probably gift you some vouchers for your hounesty and pay for the postage to send them back. Although personaly I'd keep them :3 if they were good stuff. If they dont come in the post, just take it as a error on the website during the time!