Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who was your favorite family member as a young child?
I was just wondering who your favorite family member was as a very young child. I can fondly remember clinging to my momma's leg. I was always a mommy's girl. I ran to her before anyone....just reminiscing of a time when life was simple....ahhh

my uncle. he still is my favorite, this will never change. in my family, he's the only one i've connected with and felt close to.

I think everyone has a specific family member they connected with more than others. It doesn't mean you loved anyone any less. They were just the one you looked up to. Smile

...life was never simple lol...but as a very young child, my father...I still remember the feeling of absolute safety that he inspired in me...

itsajourney Wrote:I think everyone has a specific family member they connected with more than others. It doesn't mean you loved anyone any less. They were just the one you looked up to. Smile

no. i have a connection with my uncle like i've never had with any other family member of mine. i did look up to him when i was young, but it was more than that. it's a mutual connection, not just admiration/respect.

and in my case, it is true that i love him more than my other family members. i care a lot about my mother, but i can't really say that i feel love for her, i never did. or any other relative. this is just how it is. i have no problem with it.

My older brother. He's 6 years older and he did everything to entertain me when I was little - reading fairy tales and poems to me, drawing silly pictures, etc . We had wonderful relationships until he found out I'm gay. Now it's like I have no brother anymore.

It's sad people can't accept and love what they cannot understand. The person you are now is the same person you were then.

Really true, I mean my family says that they are cool with it, but every now and then they post up articles about how being gay is not genetic or how it is a temporary mind state that can be changed or cured, like it's an illness or something, it can get really annoying...

I think I was always closest to my mother, any time I saw something scary when I was a child I would always make sure that she was around, and if she was't then it was like the saddest day of my life.

My Grandmother and Grandfather

Some people can't wrap their minds around certain things so they feel the need to place a label such as "illness." But you're lucky that they didn't turn their backs. It just gets frustrating sometimes seeing people you love trying to answer why with the reasoning that there's something wrong. The simple answer is, that's who I am. You can't "fix" it. There's nothing broken.