Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who was your favorite family member as a young child?
itsajourney Wrote:...You can't "fix" it. There's nothing broken.
Welcome to the forum [MENTION=22681]itsajourney[/MENTION] , I agree with all of what you're saying. Xyxthumbs Nice to have you here! Wavey

My relationship to family was always sort of odd. As a boy growing up I guess I'd have to say my mom. I certainly was not close with my dad at all. My siblings were all older -- one brother 20 years older and two sisters, 10 and 15 years older. The thing with my mom was, although she tried to be supportive in a lot of ways, she and I were also on very different wave-lengths. This didn't really become a problem until I was in my late teens and then as a young adult. I just felt like I couldn't really 'connect' with her -- sort of along the lines [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] , except there really wasn't anyone in my family I did feel a close 'connection' with.

my great aunt esther.

my parents scared me and my grandparents were wonderful....but fairly strict.

I think this should be easy to answer but somehow it is not. I was very close to my maternal grandparents and my mother but the rest of the family was always there and we did not have barriers. I miss Dad more and more every day. My aunt, a simple lady who was always there when I was a kid, was much more important than I realized then. My uncle was a taciturn fellow who was kind of strict with my cousins and scared me in a way, but he gave me one of the greatest gifts ever, my love of good music. You could say I was a very lucky little kid.
I bid NO Trump!

My mom..I'm still a mama's boy.

But other than my parents, it's my paternal grandparents. I developed quite a bond with them during the time I lived w/ them (in my childhood).

Definitely my mom. She has been very supportive to me since I was a little kid. Good and bad times.