Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will old freinds finding out im gay spoil reunion night out ?
my mates who know im gay have organised a night out with all our old gang, there used to be loads of us out together bout 4 years ago but as time went on some older ones got commitments like getting married or serious girlfriends n about half drifted away, now were all getting bak together for a big night out but only problem is i never told this other half bout me been gay, my only minor worries are the things i'll put below,

1,there's gonna be obvious questions about have i got a girlfriend yet ?
i dont want to lie so if asked i will tell em, but i dont want me been gay suddenly the focus of the night - its supposed to be a fun night not confessions night,

2, what if one of them takes that news bad ?
my friends who know will support me all the way but should i just go home n not spoil the night for everyone else.

3, whats the best way to tell lads who are in a group all at once if it comes up and then how to get off the subject sharpish

4, am i been stupid and worrying over nothing, cos one of the lads comin use to tell me i was gay anyway but i used to put him off by jokin about it.

just any thoughts would be cool, not faced this situation before specially as we will be in a bar somewhere -

cheers matty.

i dont want to lie so if asked i will tell em, but i dont want me been gay suddenly the focus of the night - its supposed to be a fun night not confessions night,

If they ask, then tell them about you being gay. If they don't bring it up there's no reason for them to know, right?

2, what if one of them takes that news bad ? my friends who know will support me all the way but should i just go home n not spoil the night for everyone else.

Well you aint seen each other for 4 years, They may be a bit shocked, but if none of them were homophobic before you stopped talking then im sure itll be fine! Think positive

3, whats the best way to tell lads who are in a group all at once if it comes up and then how to get off the subject sharpish

Just don't worry about it, if it comes up, it will come out naturally. Believe me, planning things like this never works. Just do what happens! x

4, am i been stupid and worrying over nothing, cos one of the lads comin use to tell me i was gay anyway but i used to put him off by jokin about it.

Not really, everyone would worry. It's a big thing to come out to ppl you've never told. Especially if you've never seen them.

But at the end of the day, if they take it a bad way, then surely they aint worth bothering about!

Steven seems to sum it up as it should be, Good job Steven, remember Matthew, only those that support you in all things were friendsw in the first place. Down to 6 living here in the states, Greetings, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

thx Steven for great advice plus James for using my full Sunday name Smile+ur help.

your right on all counts there mate - im just gonna go and have a good time and answer stuff casualy if it crops up, to be honest, i bet the rest of them knew anyway when we hung out but didnt really care.

thx Matthew

Just go and have a great time. Xyxthumbs

marshlander Wrote:Just go and have a great time. Xyxthumbs

I intend to Winknudge , not while the 18th july but ive just gone out n bought some new clothes to go out in, got some really nice tight fitting t-shirts so hopefully i look hot haha. will be a nightmare choosing which to ware on the night though, took my sister to help me pick stuff out, i try em on and she she will either nod in agreement or shake her head as a no or just plain laugh at some stuff i'll try on, i did talk her into letting me get a tshirt that has a little bit of pink on but it is bright, she said it made me look gay :eek: then she just laughed,

Pictures please Coffee

tempting to post a few - our versions of hot in a tight t shirt might be differnet though haha, just been gettin in shape a bit too, done a 2 hr bike ride today then to the gym for a hour - like an idiot i tried lift 2 much and now ive pulled my shoulder Cry luckily im mainly left handed so not too bad i suppose, any tips on hurting muscles (that i dont have much of) really appreciated. in my defence !! a hot lad had left the peg in the machine and i didnt want to look a wimp by putting it in a lighter weight - wot a dumb ass, i will in future

[COLOR="Purple"]Oh my goodness... hope that shoulder fixes itself fast... forget if it is Heat and then Ice or just the one or Ice then Heat... sorry.

I pulled my shoulder while working out and it does take some time to heal.

Maybe bonus points if your tee is so tight nips show thru... I think ice is good for that too Wink [/COLOR]

matty7 Wrote:my mates who know im gay have organised a night out with all our old gang, there used to be loads of us out together bout 4 years ago but as time went on some older ones got commitments like getting married or serious girlfriends n about half drifted away, now were all getting bak together for a big night out but only problem is i never told this other half bout me been gay, my only minor worries are the things i'll put below,

2, what if one of them takes that news bad ?
my friends who know will support me all the way but should i just go home n not spoil the night for everyone else.

just any thoughts would be cool, not faced this situation before specially as we will be in a bar somewhere -

cheers matty.

If they can not deal with you being gay and still be your friend then they never where truely your friend. I know that sounds harsh. But if they where truely your friend, it shouldn't matter if you are gay or not. Just be yourself.