Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeland
Well...Showtime has been keeping a big secret...a really big secret.....

I just signed up through my HULU PLUS service for Showtime earlier this month...and to my surprise..almost every show is really good. I stopped my subscription back when QAF left the air..and forgot about them. I have yet to see Dexter...or Weeds...but have heard a lot about them. I have watched NURSE JACKIE faithfully on Amazon though....but I can't remember anyone mentioning Homeland to me....

It is so fucking good....might even be the best drama on TV right now but I would have to think about it a bit. (oh wait..though completely different..the best still goes to EMPIRE)..I am on season two already and I can hardly wait to devour the next episode....I am trying to pace myself...

Does anyone else watch it?

I've watched Homeland. Very good show. It's on Netflix too.

I'm assuming that you're looking at the first season. Don't bother with Seasons 2 and 3, they are absolute crap, made absolute crap by Claire Danes, that is unless you are absolutely fascinated by Clair Danes acting the part of an OTT bi-polar.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I have seen one episode of season two so far...I did notice they emphasized the bi-polar thing....

I guess I will have to expect this turn of events...it often happens in the sophomore year....

Thanks for the warning..it will be easier when it happens if I am expecting it...I hate that kind of surprise...

Although...I also loved 24 and Jack Bauer...and even when the seasons were bad...I overlooked a lot because I like Keifer Sutherland and I thought it was a more than decent production overall even when the material stumbled...

I am not sure Danes would have the same sway over me as Keifer did LOL...I am not really familiar with her yet except for Homeland...

I also caught an episode of the American version of Shameless...and having seen the British one start to finish....I much prefer the British version..so I am skipping the American Showtime one...

I am also not sure about Dexter. I love zombie movies..but I hate slasher/murder movies...never interested in them. Overall...I don't think murder is as interesting as apparently most people do....nor do I think the murderer is at all intriguing....so maybe Dexter is also a no go....

East Wrote:I have seen one episode of season two so far...I did notice they emphasized the bi-polar thing....

She was also the producer and used the series to show her singularly talentless self. She annoyed the hell out of me.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams