Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
working in hospo
Party sized pizzas? Dough rolling? Subs??? You didn't happen to work at a Shakey's did you? Ive heard that they're one of the only corporate chains that still roll their own dough.

I loved the dough rolling. I could just bring a CD and work by myself. It does take a long time to good at though, as you know. The first couple batches I made kept shrinking. Sad

9 party size pizzas sucks. I'd always sigh when we got a party size order. I remember one day everyone who was employed by our Shakey's had to come into work because there was an order for 50 party sized pizzas for some big function. It was madness.... madness I tell you. Took us all day to make the first and the cook them.

Overall, it was probably the funnest job I've ever had. I liked all the guys I worked with. There was a lot of towel snapping and hijinks because the owner was never around and the oldest manager was 22, and I'm not a towel snapping kind of fellow, but it was actually a lot of fun to be "one of the guys." It was great.

Not a Shakey's,

It was for a Mom 'n' Pop grocery store that had a Pizza place inside
the store.

But they made their own dough and we would have to portion out the
dough for all the pizza sizes.

My super at that time was this 20 - something guy, and I worked with
like two other people. So it was just the three of us and we also had
to run the sorbet/gelato stand attached to it, lol

And yeah, it was with all guys and I know what you mean.

I remember one of my co-workers being extremely hot though
and he'd change in front of me 'round back. hahaha

dfiant1 Wrote:I have worked in retail/hospitality for 27 years Josh, and the last decade has been the toughest. Once we used to have 'customers', now a majority are CUNTSTOMERS.

And the more words she has to use to describe her Starbucks order, the cuntier she is.