Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would you?
would any body here ever consider dating some one who has autism/aspergers if they were a good person and mostly friendly( maybe a little introverted)?

Ya, sure, I know we have had members here with autism, and those who have been in relationships with those with autism. I don't see any reason why someone shouldn't date someone with autism, unless it is severe and they are developmentally disabled, because there are issues of power dynamics in that case which I wouldn't be necessarily comfortable with.

hell yeah of course i would! I myself have aspergers syndrome, and am a tad introverted, not like i used to be though.... I've actually always wondered what it would be like to ever be in a monogamous relationship with someone who is, in a sense, like me. Their actually is a guy at school who not only is gay, but also has aspergers as well, and he really is a sweet guy... we are actually boyfriends now, as three weeks ago i broke it off with ryan....

That's a tough one, but in the end I'd probably have to say no; I've heard people who have Asperger's syndrome have varying degrees of social autism; sometimes they don't catch/grasp innuendo, social cues, and often time it's hard to access their "Emotional IQ"....they may never be on the say wavelength as you, and may never really know what it feels like to share the same "que" to kiss when you feel that way...BUUUUUT MOST people I know are like that anyway! lol that can be a plus also because they usually act from their own sense of self, so they can be remarkably independent, because they just don't grasp the point of certain things we do....... they're often very intelligent and easily grasp hand-on and practical matters and excel in concrete sciences though! Smile

I'm just too emotional; I'd feel "incomplete" with an Aspy...stoopid feelings Rolleyes

I would. I don't see the difference really. That might be a bit insensitive, but to me, all people are normal. I might notice some quirks but I'm not really bothered by anything so long as we get along.

I wouldn't rule anyone out, There are somethings I don't understand, but that is only due to lack of exposure, and if I were to find myself in a relationship with someone who has autism/aspergers, it would present a challenge to me to learn more about the contidition in order to understand the person I love wants and needs.

There maybe challenges, but love know no boundaries.

It wouldn't bother me I wouldn't mind if they had Autism/Aspergers. I guess it'd be a little hard to get to know them if they were a bit of an introvert though as I'm quite shy so it'd be a case of who made the first move Tongue

well i will warn this way you might be accused robbing the mentaly handicapped
i was just in a 36 year relationship with a parapaglic he had polio at age 4yo
and fyi polio is the only paralis that sstill alows sex
but i know at least6 other couples that have had ltr with other handicapped people but some problems leave the patrnt mently underage but may have great independent persoonality just be carefull about laws some people try all types strange things consult a lawer first. and good luck remember youth have a hard time with stable relationships because of childish personalitys and nothing
logicaaal will never quite change their minds.

Hello,
With me if i feel something good inside then i go for it regardless whats wrong with someone or their looks it doesnt bother me its the inside that counts to me