Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would you date an ex?
The HEART may say yes, but the MIND will say no!

I will always love my Ex, but i've found over my many years that while a person can change MANY things in his/her life (ie: bad decisions, etc), one CAN ALMOST NEVER change the core of their character.

For example, my ex was (IS) a narcissist - Narcissism is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and in other areas of their life, such as work or school.

After 10 years of what I though was a strong, honest relationship, he told me out of the blue that he didnt' love me any more and we were over. Come to find out he'd found someone else who'd fallen for his looks, flirtations and magnetic personality (but i'm sure has come to discover his "other" side).

If he called or emailed me TODAY, while i'd talk to him, i would NOT - COULD NOT risk my heart, health and future on the "promises" made by a person who's incapable of thinking of anyone other than himself.

Add to that, i'm IN a wonderful LTR with a man who dosn't ALWAYS have to be the center of attention, who walks WITH me, not in front or behind me, who has a SOLID job/career, is mature when it comes to finances and truely loves me for who i am - with all my faults!

So, EVEN IF i was single, i would NOT - COULD NOT, trust that his core self and values had changed.

Yes. I only have one ex, and left me to focus his time in school. If he wanted me to take him back I'd do it in a heart beat.

Nope, I did that once i'm not doing it again.

An EX is an EX for a reason.
Im not so stupid as to repeat the same mistakes.

I'd never date an ex. I don't hate my exes anymore after one dumped me for crying (yes, I got dumped for crying) and the other cheated on me and got with one of his exes. Even though they both tried getting back with me multiple times I could never put myself in a situation to get my heart broken again by either of them. They regret dumping me? Their loss.

No, I wouldn't. I have one ex I was with for four years. It just didn't work out anymore. I don't see how it would all of a sudden work out now. If it's over, it's over. We're still friends, and we're perfectly happy not being anything more than that (well, at least I am).

NerdyGiant23 Wrote:I don't hate my exes anymore after one dumped me for crying (yes, I got dumped for crying) and the other cheated on me and got with one of his exes.

Wow, you've had some bad luck Confused And dumping you for crying makes no sense at all! Well, at least you're better off without them.