Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wrong guy
So I started a new job 3 months back at a cinema
Im 20 a reasonable good looking guy and have been Fortunate enough to know other gay guys and girls to know the difference between friendship infatuation lust and genuine romantic feelings for a guy.

Until now
Ive met someone at work, a colleague infact hes witty a nice guy and to be honest ive grown to really like him. To the point that im genuinelyinterested in him.

See hes 30 and also one of my supervisors at this place as well so straight away ive said I shouldnt pursue it because ive never mixed work with pleasure and after watching previous work based relationships explode said id never go there.
But every time hes around me more and more I like him more and more and he always ensures I work with him and we talk and have an outside of work based friendship.

See im not sure if im misreading signs like touches and sitting dead close with me and buying me drinks or if he genuinely likes me

My friends advise was go for it because every time were out shes waiting for one of us to make the first move

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT! :-o

its something that perhaps you should delicately discuss. You are correct about one thing, mixing work and pleasure can be quite disastrous should things go awry. It may be good to bring it up and emphasize that at the very least you appreciate his friendship and dont want to ruin that. Stuff like that, im really tired so thats the best i can do right nowPengy

Find out if he is gay before you hit on him. Start simple. Mention gay rights or that you support gay marriage and see what he says.

you have a new friend...nawwwwww...how sweet.

Well if it sounds like you both might like each other so you might be at the stage were you can sit down and talk about it and decide what would be best for both of you, wether to stay freinds or something more. That's the only advise I can give really. Also if it helps 2 of my colleagues got married to each other last year so workplace romance can work!! (Sometimes)

Sorry forgot to mention that I posted that assuming that you know he's gay aswell

You need to be more sure about his sexuality.
Don't underestimate homosociality 'bromance' maybe he find you ok and he's watching at you like a young bro/friend, or he want to do some kind of mentoring. Nothing strange and also not bad.

Yeah I know hes gay weve talked about it because were quite open with one another
Thanks for the advice ill let you know how it goes! :-)

Ok, so he's gay...

then ask him out on a friendly-could-mean-something-more-type of date.

pay close attention to his behavior...does he look at you a lot, does he smile at you a lot...does he touch you.. you know?

all of the above, obviously, assuming that you are in clear mind as to what might happen when you date a co-worker and most specially concerning, your supervisor

Are you sure you don't have a craving for forbidden fruit?

He's a supervisor, something usually 'out of bounds' - So does that have some bearing on your interest? Would you be interested in him in some other situation?