Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wtf!
fredv3b Wrote:I certainly wouldn't want my home searched without my consent just because it matched something that someone told them and the police thought my behaviour was 'weird'.

maybe you haven't read the full thread but the car match too,it wasn't just because they thought he was acting weid but that only started acting weid when the house was mentioned,it wasn't just a standard car but had custom parts that also match,the question is not if the person would like their home sercched but whether the police had enough to ask for a warrant,you say you wouldn't want your home serched but I'm sure if you knew two boys had been abducted and letting the police look in your house would help,I would think most everyone would help.

If the car matched specific custom parts, not just colour and make, then I think that does change things.

I certainly wouldn't let the police into my home so that the police could be sure I hadn't abducted two boys.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:If the car matched specific custom parts, not just colour and make, then I think that does change things.

I certainly wouldn't let the police into my home so that the police could be sure I hadn't abducted two boys.

yes it was a customed car,

,if the police were to knock at your door and say a boy has just been abducted could we please check your house,you would say no? hope people are more helpful if you ever need the police.

If the police want to make more work for themselves by turning everyone, who wants to guard the privacy of their own home, into suspects then that is their problem. I am more than happy to help the police by answering their questions.

I do not consider myself to be under any obligation whatsoever to prove my innocence.
Fred

fredv3b Wrote:If the police want to make more work for themselves by turning everyone, who wants to guard the privacy of their own home, into suspects then that is their problem. I am more than happy to help the police by answering their questions.

I do not consider myself to be under any obligation whatsoever to prove my innocence.

making more work for themselves and maybe getting an abduced boy killed in the process would be when they have reason to ask to search a car or house,but someone like you would say no,does that reduce the police's work...no,because you may be surprised but they don't just walk away but will then have to question you why they can't search and go get a warrant,which is time and more work,because we are not talking about the police just going to random houses to search,I in this thread and the police in the TV show have made it quite clear it was going to be a search on a house of someone that matched the details of the abductor,for some reason you keep missing the point,first post you say the police wanted to search because he was acting weird,when there was more to it,now you imply I'm suggesting searches on ramdom houses!!! I know you understand what is being said here but for some unknow reason want to argue I case no one is making.

I am sorry, you have obviously lost me. What point are you making?

It takes less than a minute to find out that I don't want them to search my home because I like to keep my home private. If the police can convince me they would get a warrant if they asked for one I obviously wouldn't force them to actually go get one.
Fred

fredv3b Wrote:I am sorry, you have obviously lost me. What point are you making?

mate never mind,if you really are bothered re-read the thread,it is very clear.

simon Wrote:mate never mind,if you really are bothered re-read the thread,it is very clear.

I have, it isn't to me.
Fred

fredv3b Wrote:I have, it isn't to me.

well,I can't help that.

I'm sorry that explanation is beyond you.
Fred