Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xmas 2008
Can I ask one question? Why has everyone got so bothered about the Pope's statement? He was addressing the Curia (the Vatican's Civil Service, the men who run the Roman Catholic Church) and he was doing so in Latin. This was not a public address although on the other hand it was no secret either. In this address he repeated a clear point of Roman Catholic teaching.

Had people forgotten orthodox Catholic views on homosexuality? Had we conned ourselves in believing the church was changing its mind on this? Why am I the only person to regard this as non-news? Its not good but its nothing new.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Phil! Wrote:Seconded! Xyxthumbs

[Image: Pope.jpg]
lol @ grammar.

Tis the internutz typo's and engrish can only be expected ^ :biggrin:

fredv3b Wrote:Can I ask one question? Why has everyone got so bothered about the Pope's statement?

Personally...i was just joinin in on a lil festive hatin' tis good for the soul Wink

fredv3b Wrote:Can I ask one question? Why has everyone got so bothered about the Pope's statement?
Hadn't the discussion broadened beyond that?

Quote:Had people forgotten orthodox Catholic views on homosexuality? Had we conned ourselves in believing the church was changing its mind on this?
No and no.

Quote:Why am I the only person to regard this as non-news? Its not good but its nothing new.
Agreed it's not good, but this is not the news forum. It's a discussion started by Huw's poem in "Poems/Stories/Lyrics". Wink

Happy New Year, Fred Remybussi

fredv3b Wrote:Can I ask one question? Why has everyone got so bothered about the Pope's statement? He was addressing the Curia (the Vatican's Civil Service, the men who run the Roman Catholic Church) and he was doing so in Latin. This was not a public address although on the other hand it was no secret either. In this address he repeated a clear point of Roman Catholic teaching.

Had people forgotten orthodox Catholic views on homosexuality? Had we conned ourselves in believing the church was changing its mind on this? Why am I the only person to regard this as non-news? Its not good but its nothing new.

here was my little take on it all...

fjp999 Wrote:***** Elefant Elefant Elefant Who is this man you call "Pope" and what makes him so important in our lives Elefant Elefant Elefant *****

Marshlander,

I should really have posted as a new thread rather than hijacking a thread about poetry. The discussion had indeed broadened. I meant the question to be about the broader response to the Popes comments, not just those on this particular thread, particularly the wider media. (I should have expressly asked the broader question.) Similarly, my criticism what intended to somewhat rhetorical and directed at the response in the wider media not at the posts in this particular thread.

Apologies and Happy New Year
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Marshlander,

I should really have posted as a new thread rather than hijacking a thread about poetry. The discussion had indeed broadened. I meant the question to be about the broader response to the Popes comments, not just those on this particular thread, particularly the wider media. (I should have expressly asked the broader question.) Similarly, my criticism what intended to somewhat rhetorical and directed at the response in the wider media not at the posts in this particular thread.

Apologies and Happy New Year
No apology necessary! I was just a bit confused, specially since I've not been looking much at the wider media and was not aware of the controversy.

Thanks for clearing that up Wink