Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your type of guy.
As it says in the title if you could define the perfect guy for you, the type you are attracted to. Physically, mentally, spiritually and any other way. Lay it out here. What is your ideal guy. if you know why is this your ideal guy?

I will post mine shortly.

I've been trying to internally figure this out for a long while.

I came to discover that there is no perfect guy.

There are guys I can love a lot, but they're all going to have flaws and things I don't like about them, and that's okay.

hank Wrote:As it says in the title if you could define the perfect guy for you, the type you are attracted to. Physically, mentally, spiritually and any other way. Lay it out here. What is your ideal guy. if you know why is this your ideal guy?

I will post mine shortly.

My perfect guy would be a dude that thinks like Walt Whitman, but looks and acts like James Franco.

People have a "perfect type" they think of consistently? :confused:

Pix Wrote:People have a "perfect type" they think of consistently? :confused:

Yeah, I've always had trouble relating to the concept; I just imagine it's a bundle of traits that people would want in an SO, but I feel like I'd want different things in different kinds of people. These things are much too complicated.

Zach Wrote:My perfect guy would be a dude that thinks like Walt Whitman, but looks and acts like Ryan Reynolds.

Change "Walt Whitman" to "Douglas Adams" and I'm sold.

Perfect guy = someone who is not an @$$ hole

Smile

My ideal man.. Hmm He exists, but he flat refuses to accept me.

Soooo... One of the reasons why I will just remain single.

Miles Wrote:Yeah, I've always had trouble relating to the concept; I just imagine it's a bundle of traits that people would want in an SO, but I feel like I'd want different things in different kinds of people. These things are much too complicated.

Yeah, I've had 3 serious relationships and 2 pretty close and each one was very different...and I don't regret any of them. I love variety, I've gained good memories and personal growth from each one in all their individual glory and individual flaws that challenged me (just as I did them).

Don't get me wrong, I'm monogamous and committed but if you were to ask me the perfect woman for me one day it would be different the next. It's like meals or books, it's whatever I'm in the mood for. Some days I'd choose androgynous, another feminine, and the next day a masculine stud. Some days I'd want an independent tomboy all casual looking and another day a bookish matron who can talk about any subject and can even appreciate her wearing her hair in a bun (better to keep her hair out of her eyes). Some days I think foreign and exotic and other days someone very similar to me.

And given how so many guys don't seem to really care (though there is that joke about a "perfect Cinderella-10" who screws & sucks until midnight and then turns into a pizza or case of beer) I can't think I'm that unusual (if I'm unusual it's that I know nobody's perfect and can think long term rather than short term gains which keeps me loyal and committed and happy with who I'm with).

And even if I could in theory find someone "perfect" then maybe I'd find that in itself insufferable. :redface: And as the saying goes "the problem of looking for the perfect (pick a gender) is that s/he's looking for the perfect (pick a gender)." :tongue:

I have no idea. Tongue I'm pretty sure I will understand when I meet the guy.