Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zen-isms
i for one love zen-isms. they're funny, clever and they can teach lessons without sounding preachy or forced. i've always loved the simple things in life and this is what zen monks preach - live the moment and take it easy, meditate but don't take yourself too seriously. enjoy life.

ATTENTION: you just took a breath without thinking about what you are doing. you just took another breath, but thinking about what you've done.

DARE TO ASSUME YOUR IDENTITY. don't be anything.

the empty space inside the bowl is what makes it useful.

i will show you where the moon is, but to see it, you have to stop looking at my finger.

nothing matters. it really does!

explaining what zen really is is like explaining where the tiger is while he's eating you.

believing that you are humble is knowing that you are not.

Honest to God pocket,I don't know what you're going on about! *checks coast for tigers* I think it's safe,what are zen-isms?

Ah Zen... I ve read a book about it long time ago it is a bit strange indeed but pocket this is hilarious! Is a school of Buddhism and mediation that teaches self awareness and acceptance, inner peace and personal fulfillment, right?

Quote: i will show you where the moon is, but to see it, you have to stop looking at my finger.

it actually has happened to me when i was giving directions to some tourists and they where looking at my finger. lol :biggrin:

Have you read 'Zen flesh, Zen bones' PP, best book I've read on the subject.

Alas! the world is full of enormous lights and mysteries, and man shuts them from himself with one small hand!....Zen Quote by Baal Shem Tov.

One of my own : Life sucks. Then we die.