Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zimmermen and "stand your ground" laws
It isn't just race...it is because she is a woman...even worse a woman of color. We are a racist and sexist nation. Just take a look at how many death row inmates across our country have been released because DNA evidence has proved their innocence...then look at what color they are. It is sickening....we were going to KILL these innocent men!

East Wrote:It isn't just race...it is because she is a woman...even worse a woman of color. We are a racist and sexist nation. Just take a look at how many death row inmates across our country have been released because DNA evidence has proved their innocence...then look at what color they are. It is sickening....we were going to KILL these innocent men!

IIRC, one third of inmates executed have been found to be innocent after their execution due to new evidence turning up, since the death penalty was reintroduced in the US.:frown:
[incorrect, see next post by Genersis]
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:IIRC, one third of inmates executed have been found to be innocent after their execution due to new evidence turning up, since the death penalty was reintroduced in the US.:frown:

Yes...it is horrifying to me. I am staunchy against the Death Penalty...I do not want the state to kill anyone in my name and that is what they do when they execute someone...it is in all of our names.

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind...and in a justice system that is racist, sexist and homophobic...the Death Penalty should not even be an option. Justice is not blind.

East Wrote:Yes...it is horrifying to me. I am staunchy against the Death Penalty...I do not want the state to kill anyone in my name and that is what they do when they execute someone...it is in all of our names.

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind...and in a justice system that is racist, sexist and homophobic...the Death Penalty should not even be an option. Justice is not blind.
I can't find the source for where i heard the stat.
So don't take it as truth.

Whether it's true or not, there's many other reasons why i can't stand the idea.
One of them being the one you stated.

I can't believe that at least the Christian party and British National Party(*spit spit*) want to bring the death penalty back.

The Christian party will only allow the death penalty when there are two people who witnessed the accused doing the crime like it says in the bible somewhere apparently.
I'm sure that system can't be abused at all.

The BNP want it back because without it, the families of victims just don't get the justice(read; revenge) they deserve apparently.

Luckily, both of the above parties are lack any notable power in the UK.

EDIT
This is the video where i think i heard the statistic:

An interesting video.
Seems i was very mistaken with the stat.
Sorry guys and galls.:redface:

I can't find the source for where i heard the stat.

Aha! You Would be a great journalist Gen with that kind of honestyConfusedmile:

I dont' know the stat either BUT I do know it has happened..on more than one occasion...an innocent man being put to death...so one or one hundred...it is equally tragic.

East Wrote:I can't find the source for where i heard the stat.

Aha! You Would be a great journalist Gen with that kind of honestyConfusedmile:

I dont' know the stat either BUT I do know it has happened..on more than one occasion...an innocent man being put to death...so one or one hundred...it is equally tragic.

Heh. Thanks.:biggrin:

When you debate/argue with people online as a hobby, any person that wants to be taken seriously needs to know the importane of a good source...saying that, a lot of the people i debate with barely know where the burden of proof falls in arguments most of the time. Let alone cite reliable sources.:redface:

And yes, you're very true in your words.:frown:

Just keep in mind if you got anything to loose, take a gun into a bad situation and go way over your head.

speaking of which George Zimmerman the "stand your ground" boy incarnate has had his bail revoked because his income off his web site and notoriety increased his worth.
[Image: 978ff141194e272e92ae05ca5615eb99_width_600x.jpg]