Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zombies.... im sure writers are getting it wrong
Hello All,
Now who here loves a good zombie film??? I like them however i do not like the fact that writers are now implementing the fact that the zombies can run jump skip hop and all the other stuff from the traditional walk slow and slander about the place in a tone no one understands...

I was watching Day of the dead remake and it showed you the virus taking over the body and then turning by getting a nose bleed... Now im no doctor but on a comparison to something like HIV this virus attacks your white blood cells which is what HIV does and if your negative your CD4 count is 750 and in zombie terms if you havent been bitten your CD4 count would be 750 meaning your not infected... Now as the white blood cells obviously drop and eventually a bitten person becomes a zombie they surely should be dead technically at 0.. I find this very bad writing because even though they no longer have an immune system nor any sign of memory how is it that people are written to be seen to be remembering things??? I used to beleive the whole reason the zombies walked and went all around the place was because they are technically brain dead and have no right or wrong...

Another factor in this film is that they are using guns now you could argue it is to do with the nervous system going into overdrive/shutting down like someone having an un controllable fit but if that is the case then how is it that they are able to still be standing up right??? I find that with these films they should be reasearched more.. Shaun of the dead is more convincing than this remake and thats ment to be a bloody piss take... What on earth has got into writers minds to undo a brilliant film and turning it into something more boring than bambi?

Maybe next time they consider to write a zombie film they might invest in reasearching where the zombies originally came from and learn about the cultures that beleive in it or alternatively do what i did and invest in the collection of Beasts and beings as it has all relivant information on these mythological creatures which they are deemed as as there is no real evidence to support a scientific threat to humans...

Kindest regards and lets see the next thing to pick at

Zeon x

I watched that the other night on sky and it was rubbish lol ! You should watch the walking dead tv show it's amazing and more realistic.

Also zeon it was a low budget film, they didn't have a lot of money for a decent script or anything else lol

But still low budjet or not surely whats the point in making a film if it isnt going to draw the attention of others and make the writers some commission??? I saw this film in the cinema and always remnember it as it has a one liner from the commander mentioning how pissed off he is standing dealing with shit in this shithole town it was a great bit of dry humour but to be honest the zombies didnt do it for me and they are the main crowd puller its a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face as you write a long piece of crap foir no or very little achievement afterwards

RoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmao Man, I just LOVE our thinking.

I don't know the movie and I know nothing about zombies. I guess there can be several reasons though.
Zombies are probably popular these days and that is why they didn't make another human thriler and chose them, even though they knew nothing about the theme.
They liked only some of zombies characteristics and the rest of them were too hard to work in the screenplay.
The authors were lazy to do the research.

I like that you can accept the existence of zombies, but you get mad when the authors don't play by the rules. Xyxthumbs

The point of The film was a cash in of that franchise, it was poor at best. They just produced a poor film with hopes of making cash

Nick9 Wrote:RoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmao Man, I just LOVE our thinking.

I don't know the movie and I know nothing about zombies. I guess there can be several reasons though.
Zombies are probably popular these days and that is why they didn't make another human thriler and chose them, even though they knew nothing about the theme.
They liked only some of zombies characteristics and the rest of them were too hard to work in the screenplay.
The authors were lazy to do the research.

I like that you can accept the existence of zombies, but you get mad when the authors don't play by the rules. Xyxthumbs

I have a motto in life with work

Do the job properly or dont waste your time trying

Basically i didnt realise to how i fell in their catch for cash as zombies sell more than a man with a knife as theres more suspense but at least make it scary but not stupid

kindest regards

zeon

mrk2010 Wrote:The point of The film was a cash in of that franchise, it was poor at best. They just produced a poor film with hopes of making cash

i can understand if it was the original film however this was the re make so why not invest the last set ofg profits into something that shouldnt be an embarrissment but an enjoyment???

zeon Wrote:I have a motto in life with work

Do the job properly or dont waste your time trying

Hm, I have a big problem with this motto. Can I say I hate it and not to offend you in the process? I've heard it so many times from my father. I think there is nothing wrong with trying when you are willing to learn from your mistakes afterwards. And it is better to try even though you know you will not be able to do perfect job, than to do nothing.

I more or less beleive in it nick because as a child i didnt wanna do things and tried to cut corners and all i ever got in school was bad reports for this so had to think of something and despite it being a cruel motto i admit its one that u gotta beleive in if your wanting to get far in life as shortcuts dont tend to go anywhere as your re doing what you could have done just once like the zombies if they did reasearch first into this cheap or not they could have got expectations alot higher... Im glad im not the director of this film lol