Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the love of dogs
Or they did, but they did it online, via photoshop, and not on the street after the first two.

Sadly the "Do dogs go to heaven?" question can make or break a person's faith.

I was shocked at the seeming willful cruelty some have when it comes to "informing" people when they dog just passed that 'No, your dog ain't going to heaven its just an animal.' or "Animals don't have souls, so they don't go to heaven."

Are these opinions really based on scripture? No.

Do animals have souls? Yes:

Ecclesiastes 3:18-21
: ““As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath (literally “spirit“); humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”

Job 12:10: “In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath (literally “spirit”) of all mankind.”

Animals in Heaven?

Revelation 19:11-14: “I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.”

Ecclesiastes 3:18-21 also makes it clear that humans are tested to see if they are like animals. Meaning our spiritual leaders are the creatures that surround us.

Adam and Eve are the only creatures that ate of the tree of knowledge. This doesn't mean we are better or worse than animals, it means we have to work harder to retain that innocence that God initially bestowed upon all living creatures.

Thank you so much David , I always needed closure on that question.

And yes it has crossed my mind that it was chopped.

and the sad part is this was actually believable.

Ceez, I guess that's what I meant to say. Yep.

I would totally love life at that catholic church having been raised catholic. And there is actually a sound argument for the notion that all rocks go to heaven. The actual new testament notion of "the kingdom of God" isn't described as sunshine and unicorns and fat angle babies all the time. " the kingdom of GOd" is biblically supposed to be here and now. The idea would be that the world is not perfect and full of sin and hate and flawed. But that does not stop Christ followers from dedicating their lives (as his disciples) to work to build his kingdom here on earth. And that's my point. the kingdom is Not supposed to be seperate from our world. Christians believe All creation was made, and was good. the rocks were no exception. So as much as i am hesitant to say that the christian worldview has all the answers. I do really appreciate this understanding of the "kingdom of God" As a work in progress, as a mission to redeem the world, not cut ourselves off from it. "may your kingdom come, may your will be done. On earth, as it is in heaven"

So long story short. MAYBE ROCKS DOO GO TO HEAVEN. Think about that. 8)