Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really unhappy...like someone that i should not like
So this guy is my roommate...we've been living together since summer (there is another roommate too). He is a very hot, good looking and funny guy, and over the summer we've become pretty good friends. But I never really liked him before cause I knew he is straight and it would be so awkward.

But recently I cannot stop getting jealous when he is hanging out with my other roommate instead of me. I started to really care about him, about what he is doing, whether he needs help, etc. He appears in my head a lot too. I know immediately that I have a crush on him now, after knowing him for this long.

This bothers me so much and makes me very very unhappy. Nothing can happen between us and since we are roommates, its just awkward for me to deal with him now. Geez i hate this so much and I want to get over him as soon as possible. But I don't know how to. I see him everyday and we joke around all the time.

Can somebody help me??? Thanks.

lucky if you could find a BF

funny enough i used to long after my best friend when we were growing up and he was straight too, it gets really hard and you start to make passes even though you know you shouldnt.

My only advice is, get a gay friend, find someone you can talk to, have open heart to hearts with, it will ease the unhappy-ness. Thats how i handled it

This is called love, of course it is difficult when the person you love is also your gender preference. He is apperently attractive but that type of relationship can't happen. I wonder if this is why I don't have any gay male friends.

I was in love with a friend, she was everything i ever wanted she was attractive she was awesome just all around a good person. But i can not ever have a romantic relationship with her, so i settled for friends. We are still friends, and thats all we will ever be.

You don't need to get over him, you just need to accept the fact that no romance will come of it.

It's called a crush, get him off that pedestal. He's got faults the same as anyone else. He isn't perfect. Stop letting your fantasies make him that way.

Nothing wrong with a crush, but since you do live with him and, it's making you feel bad, you really need to get your image of him down to a realistic level.

pellaz Wrote:lucky if you could find a BF

Im sure i dont have that luck, lol

Zennyboy Wrote:funny enough i used to long after my best friend when we were growing up and he was straight too, it gets really hard and you start to make passes even though you know you shouldnt.

My only advice is, get a gay friend, find someone you can talk to, have open heart to hearts with, it will ease the unhappy-ness. Thats how i handled it

Thanks for your advice. I would really want to talk to someone. But im still in the closet and no one knows im gay..so..yeah....my life is pretty miserable, haha

hank Wrote:We are still friends, and thats all we will ever be.

You don't need to get over him, you just need to accept the fact that no romance will come of it.

Thanks. I know I want get anything out of it. Thats why i want to get over him as soon as possible, so that i can treat him completely as a friend. Will you tell me how you proceeded to be friends with that girl?

Blue Wrote:It's called a crush, get him off that pedestal. He's got faults the same as anyone else. He isn't perfect. Stop letting your fantasies make him that way.

Nothing wrong with a crush, but since you do live with him and, it's making you feel bad, you really need to get your image of him down to a realistic level.

Thanks. I dont even know why i like him. Thats why i find it hard to fall out of it with him. It just really bothers me that i care about him more than a simply friend. Do u have any advice on how i can stop caring about who he is talking to, etc???

What you have is a massive crush on the guy.
Trust me he is not as perfect as you believe him to be , when we long for something , it be comes a priority,if we cannot have it , we want it more.

Time to turn the page , get out there you never know what can happen.
Meet people enjoy your life.