Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do religious people not approve of homosexuality?
Quote: Why do religious people not approve of homosexuality?
Because the thingy they worship said to wipe us off the face of the planet.
And, forgetting what it means to be human, they beleave such.
But due to the times, such acts are considered archaic and ilegal(Well, if you're lucky)
So they do the second best thing, denie us basic rights and order "our kind"(somehow we don't qualifie as equalls anymore) to repent and be straight, or at least not do gay things(As its ok, as long as you don't act on such feelings and be misrable for the rest of your life.)

So glad not ALL religious people beleave such.(shame its normally because they know little about their own religion)

But we should still show respect for them, unless they are shoving their religion down our throats. In which case.....still treat them with respect. They are human, they just need reminding that you are too. Prove you're better than them, hopefully they will see the error in their ways.

What happend to live and let live?:confused:

Oh. How ranty of me!
Sorry.:redface:

Err......Peace and love!:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Well as far as I understand it in Christianity, it was Paul's fault. Look up Paul's letters to the Corinthians and homosexuality on google.

Basically in the old testament, it said something about 'not lying with a man as you would lie with a woman' but then Jesus came along and said everybody love everybody. Then Paul came along quite a bit later and said, 'Don't follow anything in the old testament unless I say so.' Then there's this line in which he talks about 'fornicators' and how they should be punished. And this has been said to include gay people. This one line in the bible has caused years of setbacks for gay people.

I'm not sure if that's exactly it, but I'm sure someone could correct me if they have more complete information. It's all out there on the internet if you want it.

In short:
Old testament= KILL ANYTHING NOT CHRISTIAN!
New testament= Love everyone! Help everyone!(with a few nasty undertones)

So does the new testament over-ride the old one?
We will never know.
Most christians say you're supposed to follow all of it. So it all gets very convoluted and contradictory.

Well at least thats how i look at it.:redface:

Genersis Wrote:In short:
Old testament= KILL ANYTHING NOT CHRISTIAN!

Being a little pedantic here, but the old testament was pre-christian. Smile

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

colinmackay Wrote:Being a little pedantic here, but the old testament was pre-christian. Smile

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Oh. Heh.:redface:
Learn something new everyday, eh?

(Well.
There goes my chances of ever seeming knowledgeable out the window.
Maybe i should go for comic relief instead.........:tongueSmile

I don't know exactly why religious don't approve of homosexuality. It's because that's what their book tells them. They were raised in an old-school fashion and they learned that homosexuality is not right. There's a million factors and I'm not gonna get into 'em.

Religion is ran by men. God isn't, and all I've be told is the he/she just wants me to love him and accept him as lord and savior. Don't recall anything about listening to some guy telling what God should do and not do.

kbman Wrote:Religion is ran by men. God isn't, and all I've be told is the he/she just wants me to love him and accept him as lord and savior. Don't recall anything about listening to some guy telling what God should do and not do.
See that's where it begins to fall down for me. Who told you? What authority did they have for telling you what "God" wants? What evidence do you have that such a message genuinely came from "God" in the first place? What is the point of just loving him and accepting him as lord and saviour (and what does that mean anyway?)?

I could go on, but you're new so you're spared Rolleyes

cause every one listens too the bible too much and its stuck in their BRAINS

The Christian Bible is not the only valid document of a religion ....

I can´t understand why people with a complete different Lifestyle ( like gay people do ) want to use the christian bible as the only possibility for their own religion....

Other gods and goddesses are avaiable too Confusedmile: