Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes..........I see good people......
Im not a complete asshole. Yeah, I dont like people in general, they usually have to prove themselves to me for me to think of them as decent humans.

Such as these people have done for this little boy in Norway.

This was an experiment by the SOS Childrens Village.

Makes me wonder if people would do the same thing here in the USA.
(I doubt it)

Have you seen the show, "What Would You Do?"

It's kind of similar where they set-up social experiments on people and
see what they would do.

huff puff well i guess people can be sort off decent if a childs shivering in front of them. Its not Altruism. Some of those social experiments are dumb though and clearly acted, personally i dont like to be decieved or fooled by some left minded liberal tv people on some kind of moral highground

partis Wrote:huff puff well i guess people can be sort off decent if a childs shivering in front of them. Its not Altruism. Some of those social experiments are dumb though and clearly acted, personally i dont like to be decieved or fooled by some left minded liberal tv people on some kind of moral highground

I usually feel the same way about this things, but these peoples reactions were not instant, it took them several minutes to "get it". The faked ones usually have people who react right away.

Yeah that was one of the better ones ive seen too

Reminds me of this video in whatever subway where some actor would fall asleep in someone else's shoulder and they recorded how many strangers would let him.

People are awesome and people are cunts..

the dicotomy of the human race

partis Wrote:huff puff well i guess people can be sort off decent if a childs shivering in front of them. Its not Altruism. Some of those social experiments are dumb though and clearly acted, personally i dont like to be decieved or fooled by some left minded liberal tv people on some kind of moral highground

Encouraging people to do good things is political now? Skipping over the politics, that fact alone is disappointing.

Theres usually something attatched to these thing saying "OMG im so shocked by how many people walked by and didnt help… or didnt say anything"

Because most people sense when somethings not genuine and the muse is just a person of the street who cant act.

Im not quite sure what your saying there woollyhats?

I saw a 'What would you do' set up in a city in the USA (can't remember which city), that was considered to be homophobic.

The setup was a father and teenage son having dinner in a restaurant when the son reveals to his father he is gay. The father acts outraged and angry and threatens to hit him and then storms out of the restaurant.

The other patrons in the restaurant got involved with the lonely teen and then got defensive and protective when the father returned to further reject his son.

So American's, as the rest of the world, are capable of kindeness...not that that should be a shock to anyone.

It restores my faith in humanity when I see people doing a good deed.